The simFlight Network Forums

Which version of Fsuipc and Widefs for MSFS 2020?

Rdtcmttsa

Hello Mr Dowson, I have been flying sims for over twenty years , in fact I have had conversations with you before.

My question is this, I bought the MS2020 advanced FS.  I have been using X plane .

Decided to go all in with FSX again . So far it is amazing , and I will have to learn the curve all over again.

My question is that Im using the CH Eclipse yolk.

And I want to assign buttons to it.  What version of Fsuipc and widefs will i need to get that done.

I have own just about all versions Fsuipc. I first bought fsuipc 3 Back in 2003 and widfs later down the line

All up until a couple of years ago when i switched over to X plane.

All software was purchased through Simmarket.

What version of Fsuipc and Widfs will i need to get the full benifits of MS2020.

Thank you sir....................................RobertC

27 minutes ago, Rdtcmttsa said:

What version of Fsuipc and widefs will i need to get that done.

For MSFS (2020, not FSX), you need FSUIPC7. Please do not use 'FSX' when talking about MSFS, it is confusing (FSUIPC4 supports FSX).

If you need/use WideFS, WideFS7 is compatible with FSUIPC7 (as with FSUIPC4-6), so if you already have that no need to purchase again.

Note that you don't need WideFS7 unless you are using a 2nd PC to run FSUIPC clients (or additional devices).

I will also update the title of your post to clarify it is for MSFS.

• John Dowson changed the title to Which version of Fsuipc and Widefs for MSFS 2020?

Thank you Mr. Dowson, I have purchased the file, however when i unzip it and put it in a folder.

There is a executable but , when I try to open it , it will not open , it just appears next on desktop for a moment then disappears.

ans then when i try again the executable is gone from the file.

3 minutes ago, Rdtcmttsa said:

There is a executable but , when I try to open it , it will not open , it just appears next on desktop for a moment then disappears.

ans then when i try again the executable is gone from the file.

If the executable is gone, then that sounds like some sort of anti-virus software that's doing this. Try disabling ort adding an exception to the anti-virus software you are using.

Also, for installation issues, please consult the provided README.txt and Installation and Registration guide. If the installer is crashing/not working, if not anti-virus software, it is usually caused by missing or invalid VC++ redistributables. This is explained in the README.txt.

Thank you Mr. Dowson , everything is fine now that i turned off virus protection.

But there is another problem that im having with Fsuipc, i cannot seem to get the joystick from what looks like spikes or something else is controlling it.

I removed controlls from the keyboard.

And it seems to be on the tbm 930, I have set the throttles thru Fsuipc, but the throttle moves on its own.

Full throttle seems to be fine , its just the mid range , or other axis that jumps and moves on its own. it wants to move where i tell it , but it feels like something is fighting it or spikes.

And I have read the manual.

Any ideas, .......................thanks...........RobertC

1 hour ago, Rdtcmttsa said:

I removed controlls from the keyboard.

Remove assignments (or, better, create a new empty profile for your devices in MSFS). For your keyboatd, you should use the defualt keyboard assignment in MSFS, unless assigning your keys in FSUIPC, in which case check that you have no duplicated assignments.

Otherwise, activate Axes logging in FSUIPC, load an aircraft and move your throttle showing youe issue, then close down and show me your FSUIPC.log and FSUIPC.ini files.

Hello Mr. Dowson , Here are the files requested.

I have done everything that I could see to do. As I said the throttle works fine, its just when i assign the propeller "Axis propeller ! set" as instructions on a YouTube set up guide using Fsuipc and it will work one time then , it will start to move back to center and stay there , and it will move in a conflict or spike movement.

I have as far as I know disabled all other conflicks.

Thanks...............RobrtC

FSUIPC7.1.log FSUIPC7.ini

First, please update to the latest version of FSUIPC7, v7.1.0.

Then please do as advised, i.e. activate logging for Axes (and also for Buttons & Keys as well as Events, as you also have buttons assigned to both throttle and prop pitch controls), then produce a log file showing your issue.

DO NOT start a continuation log file - I need to see the complete log.

7 hours ago, Rdtcmttsa said:

Well Mr. Dowson I hope this was done correctly.

No, thats the same log file as last time, with the same issues.

Please do as previously advised.

Note that this is now nothing to do with the original support request and title of this topic. I am going to close this topic. Please raise a separate topic if you still have issues, providing the needed information. 

Before you do this, please check your assignments in MSFS. Make sure that you have created (and assigned) a new empty profile to your yoke in MSFS if assigning in FSUIPC.