The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG LOC/GS Annunciations (737/747/777)

Good afternoon,

I was talking to someone (a fellow blind pilot), who said that the add-on that he uses (called Talking Flight Monitor, which is an accessibility addon for FS/P3d) can't detect the annunciators for localizer and glideslope capture in the PMDG aircraft. Are there any specific offsets for these annunciators in the 737/747/777? I looked through the offset mapping PDF files in the FSUIPC folder and can't find any that would seem to fit the bill. I'm asking on behalf of Jason Fayre, the TFM developer; since the project is open-source, I may be able to code in the detection of these annunciators if it is technically possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 hours ago, TRodick said:

can't detect the annunciators for localizer and glideslope capture in the PMDG aircraft. Are there any specific offsets for these annunciators in the 737/747/777? I looked through the offset mapping PDF files in the FSUIPC folder and can't find any that would seem to fit the bill.

I don't see any likely either.  Are you saying that for non-PMDG aircraft that program is detecting these okay? Don't the same work for PMDG aircraft? I'm pretty sure their Boeings use the underlying simulator code for the NAV radio simulation and signals received from them, so that should equally cover LOC and GS signals which are indicated in regular FSUIPC offsets.

If not then I can only suggest you ask over in the PMDG Forums. 

Pete