The simFlight Network Forums

How do I hide my name from showing in the FSUIPC window?

7 hours ago, PythonFlightSim said:

it is scary to see my full name being displayed in the FSUIPC window.

Sorry, but where is your name displayed exactly? It should only be visible from your registration details, i.e. in the Help -> Registration Details... window, and also logged in your FSUIPC log file when your registration details are verified.

10 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, but where is your name displayed exactly?

It is unfortunately visible as soon as I select FSUIPC from the drop down menu, in the Registration section of the About tab. Not a big deal, as I will just make sure to never use it on stream, but I thought I would mention it as a suggestion for a future update. Perhaps we can toggle it off permanently, as I don't really need to see that information. Not just my name, but also my email, and another personal information. Thanks for your time!

13 hours ago, PythonFlightSim said:

t is unfortunately visible as soon as I select FSUIPC from the drop down menu, in the Registration section of the About tab.

Ah, ok. In FSUIPC7 this has been moved to a separate pop-up window.
I think I still need to keep this information available/visible for most users. However, I can add a new ini parameter that will hide this information.
You don't say which version of FSUIPC you are using, but this would be for FSUIPC6 only (as FSUIPC4 & 5 are now closed for future development).

• Thanks 1