The simFlight Network Forums

G1000 Flight One tech issue with Knob or Pushbutton over Id 31

sikorsky77

Hi guys

if have a Flight1 Tech G1000 hardware , i was very happy that FSUIPC 7.1 and now 7.2 are able to detect input over 32 entry because each module needs 73 input

so i jump on FSUIPC button assignment settings

the first simple test i make is to associate the bottom PFD push button N1 to 12 to the FS Control G1000 PFD Softkey 1 to 12

nothing works

FSUIPC detects very well the push action on the push button , but the associated FS Control action has no effect in FS2020

thinking that G1000 can't work with FSUIPC i test with all knob and push button below input 32 and they work very well

Something i miss with this new up 128 functionality ?

Best regards

Thierry

MSFS 2020 1.16.20 and last version of FSUIPC 7.2

12 hours ago, sikorsky77 said:

FSUIPC detects very well the push action on the push button , but the associated FS Control action has no effect in FS2020

thinking that G1000 can't work with FSUIPC i test with all knob and push button below input 32 and they work very well

Something i miss with this new up 128 functionality ?

To use the 128 button functionality, you need the following line in the [General] section of your FSUIPC8.ini file:
    EnableExtraButtons=Yes
However, this should be added by default - you only need to change this if you don't want the additional buttons > 32 to be recognixed.

Are you saying that assigning to buttons > 32 doesn't work (i.e. the control isn't being sent), or that the control is being sent but has no affect? If you are not sure, activate logging for Buttons & Keys as well as Events, and you should be able to see the button presses and associated controls being sent in the log file (you can view in real-time using the 'Open Console' window).

It is also known that many if the standard controls for the G1000 are not working. You can look into using lvars/hvars rather than standard control/events, or try with the MobiFlight WASM module and the MF events. You may also be better of installing the Working Title G1000 mod and trying with that. There is plenty of info on this on the Asobo (and other) forums.

Thanks John

1) "EnableExtraButtons" is set to Yes in FSUIPC.INI 

2) I made a test with my favorite DA62 and it is what FSUIPC wrote in FSUIPC.INI when i make the setting of the Bottom push button 1 and 12 of PFD

[JoyNames]
F=G1000 PFD
F.GUID={59FDC080-803B-11EB-8001-444553540000}
G=G1000 MFD
G.GUID={59FDC080-803B-11EB-8002-444553540000}
5=G1000 PFD
5.GUID={59FDC080-803B-11EB-8001-444553540000}
6=G1000 MFD
6.GUID={59FDC080-803B-11EB-8002-444553540000}

[Buttons.DA62]
0=PF,151,C66800,0     -{G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY12}-
1=PF,140,C66761,0     -{G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY1}-

i will have a look with log and reinstall the WorkTitle G1000

Best regards

Thierry

Just took a look and the following hvars work in the stock G1000 in the DA62:
    H:AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_1
    H:AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_12
You can test these (before assigning to them) using the Add-ons->WASM->Execute Calculator code.... menu  option. To activate a hvar, enter (for example):
    (>
H:AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_1)

To assign to these, you need to make the hvars known to FSUIPC7, To do this, drop the attached hvar file below into the modules folder of the lvar WASM module (located under your MSFS Community folder). With this installed, you can test then test these using the Add-ons->WASM->Activate Hvar... menu option.
To assign to them, you need to create a macro file (*.mcro) or lua script. Details on how to do this are in the Advanced User Guide.

DA62.hvar

(NB. I have only added the hvars for the G1000 to that hvar file - there may be others you can use)

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

(NB. I have only added the hvars for the G1000 to that hvar file - there may be others you can use)

Btw, you can also use the same file for any aircraft with a G1000. Simply make a copy and give it a name that is a substring match to the aircraft name (with the .hvar extension, of course).
You can also add and edit hvar files while MSFS/FSUIPC7 is running. To reload the hvar file once created or edited, use the Add-ons->WASM->Reload menu option.

15 hours ago, sikorsky77 said:

i read for Macro that they are not implemented in FSUIPC7

Macros are available in FSUIPC7, it is mouse macros that are not implemented. To activate a hvar, first you  need to create a macro file. e.g save the following content as G1000.mcro:

[Macros]
1=H:AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_1=Set
2=H:AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_12=Set

You will then be able to assign to those hvars in the assignments drop down menu.

It does look like I missed hvars from the macro section in the Advanced User Guide. I will update.

Hi John

Merci merci merci , that works very well

i discover also the Function "List Local Var" associated to a button that give specific LVAR or HVAR of an aircraft

Can i abuse of your support ?

Buttons AP FD HDG ALT NAV VNAV APR BC VS FLC are toggle button type in the G1000 and some of them are in HVAR so i use the Set command with "TOG"

but some others like for example the AP are not in HVAR , it is normally manageable by 2 control "Autopilot ON" and "Autopilot OFF" , but we have not 2 buttons for like a B737 or A320

so AP button is a toggle type

Can we use a MCRO testing that

- if AP status = ON then when i press button the FS control sent must be "Autopilot OFF"

- if AP status = OFF then when i press button the FS control sent must be "Autopilot ON"

Regards

Thierry

31 minutes ago, sikorsky77 said:

i discover also the Function "List Local Var" associated to a button that give specific LVAR or HVAR of an aircraft

That control will only list lvars. There is a better method in FSUIPC7 - just use the Add-ons->WASM->List Lvars and List Hvars menu options. There are also other options to allow you to test your lvars/hvars (i.e set lvars and activate hvars) before using/assigning.

33 minutes ago, sikorsky77 said:

Buttons AP FD HDG ALT NAV VNAV APR BC VS FLC are toggle button type in the G1000 and some of them are in HVAR so i use the Set command with "TOG"

Hvars have no state - you can only activate them (using the Set command), not toggle.

35 minutes ago, sikorsky77 said:

but some others like for example the AP are not in HVAR , it is normally manageable by 2 control "Autopilot ON" and "Autopilot OFF" , but we have not 2 buttons for like a B737 or A320

so AP button is a toggle type

Can we use a MCRO testing that

- if AP status = ON then when i press button the FS control sent must be "Autopilot OFF"

- if AP status = OFF then when i press button the FS control sent must be "Autopilot ON"

The usual way of having multiple controls assigned to a button to be used for different states of the a/c is to use offset conditions. Program your button for one of the controls (e.g. Autopilot Off), then comment out that line in your FSUIPC7.ini, and then program for the second control. Then you need to uncomment the first assignment, and add an offset condition check to each of those assignments, using the offset which holds the AP status (maybe 07BC Autopilot Master Switch, if that is what the Autopilot Off/On controls change). Adding Offset Conditions is explained in the Advanced User Guide, P22.

Regards,

John

Hi John 

Many thanks for your patience with me

i create a macro named "G1000AP" with the help of doc and your previous answer

[Macros]
1=07BC=0 C65792,1; AP ON     -{List local panel vars Autopilot ON}-
1=07BC=1 C65792,0; AP OFF    -{List local panel vars Autopilot OFF}-

i have this in the FSUIPC.INI

[WAPI]
EnableWAPI=Yes

[MacroFiles]
1=G1000PFD
2=G1000AP

[Auto.DA62]
1=G1000PFD
2=G1000AP

The FScontrol HVAR list of "G1000PFD" are visible in the FS control list for a button , but not the "G1000AP"

What are my mistakes ?

Regards

Thierry

2 minutes ago, sikorsky77 said:

i create a macro named "G1000AP" with the help of doc and your previous answer

[Macros]

Sorry, but what is that? It is certainly not a correctly formatted macro file.

You seem to be mixing up macros and assignments. Offset conditions apply to assignments, in your FSUIPC7.ini file, not macros.

I have already showed you what your macro file should contain - why don't you just use that?
You then assign to your macros, which will add the assignment line to your FSUIPC7.ini file. It is there that you need to uncomment, then make your second assignment. And there that you need to add your offset conditions, not in the macro file.

And why are you trying (incorrectly) to auto-run a macro file? Remove those.

1 hour ago, sikorsky77 said:

[Macros]

Sorry, I think I misread what you are trying to do.
So the hvar macro is working, and you now want to assign a button or switch to Autopilot On/Off?
If so, you don't need a macro for that, its a straight-forward button assignment. There are also two distinct controls, Autopilot On (65792( and Autopilot off (65791).
Neither take a parameter. If you have a single button that you would like to assign to both and add an offset condition, then assign to the first control and save (close the UI panel), comment out that assignment in your FSUIPC7.ini (place a semicolon after the index number in the assignment line created, e.g. '5;=....', where 5 is an example index number), open the button assignment panel again and click on Reload all buttons, then assign the same button to the second control and click Ok. Then open up your FSUIPC7.ini again, remove the semicolon previously added, then add your offset condition to the tje assignment lines. Once done and saved, open up the Button & Switches assignment panel again, and Reload all buttons.again to reload your changes.