The simFlight Network Forums

using lua to toggle an hid's assignment?

cdub

I'd like to use lua to change the assignment of an hid/control in fsuipc.  Coming from a background in c++, so hopefully don't need everything spelled out.  If anyone knows how to refer to fsuipc existing assigned control and be able to suggest any similar examples, i think i would hit the ground crawling.

Specifically would like to be able to switch between OBI fast and slow with the same rotary switch to facilitate setting vor obi.  Even more specific: would like to be able to hold down one toggle switch and have it change the assignment of a rotary switch from OBI normal to OBI fast.  Seems like something that might exist already, but I wouldn't know where so would like to make my own.

thanks for looking!

24 minutes ago, cdub said:

Even more specific: would like to be able to hold down one toggle switch and have it change the assignment of a rotary switch from OBI normal to OBI fast.  Seems like something that might exist already, but I wouldn't know where so would like to make my own.

You can do this using Compound Button Conditions. See the Advanced User Guide, P20.

Note that there is also a lua solution for fast/slow turning of rotaries that only have one button in each direction. See the example script Rotaries.lua, provided in the Example Lua plugins.zip (in your FSUIPC7 Documents folder). You should be able to use that, or adapt to your needs.

Yes, much better and worked great.

my example for anyone who reads later with similar query:

1=CP(-C,28)C,26,C1026,0     -{vor1 obi dec fast}-
2=CP(-C,28)C,27,C1027,0     -{vor1 obi inc fast}-
3=CP(+C,28)C,26,C65662,0     -{VOR1_OBI_DEC}-
4=CP(+C,28)C,27,C65663,0     -{VOR1_OBI_INC}-

on device id C

where rotary counterclockwise is button 26, clockwise is button 27, and rotary push is button 28.

so you can adjust the obi fast initially and then fine tune by holding the rotary knob push button.

now i just need a john dowson for the rest of my life. eg:

me: my kid wont eat asparagus.

john dowson: easier to start with broccoli, instructions are in the user guide P20 ... You should be able to use that, or adapt to your needs.

Edited by cdub