The simFlight Network Forums

Fuel Predictions off on PROG page

SteamingSpoon

Hello, 

I just flew a flight with the E170 and noticed that the arrival fuel always seems to be off by around 1k lbs. For example today I flew from CLT to IAD. Progress page displayed landing with 3.3k lbs but it ended up landing at 4k lbs. This is a pretty big issue since the performance calculations and Vspeeds I use are based off of a landing weight of ZFW+Landing Fuel from the progress page. Often this ends up in Vapp being too slow and almost at the edge of redline. It would be great if the code could be looked into here. This also seems to be happening on the E175 and I haven't tested this out in the 190/195 yet. 

At 700lbs off, this happens in real life all the time. We usually land with more than on prog page because we never fly the full STAR / approach. Especially in airports like CLT SFO ORD EWR etc. in ORD I’ve seen +/- 1200 because of the ridiculous approach transitions loaded with the approach / the STAR starting off in the wrong direction. Sometimes when I update weights with a more realisiting landing weight, the vspeeds don’t even change 

2 hours ago, atav757 said:

At 700lbs off, this happens in real life all the time. We usually land with more than on prog page because we never fly the full STAR / approach

Hey AT,

Thanks for the response! That’s good to know. I was comparing the fuel flow rate and its associated predictions to those of some other well known addon airplanes, which I’ve noticed tend to land with relatively more accurate fuel as per the progress page. Of course I’m not an airline pilot irl so I don’t have any real data to go off of, so I appreciate the input. 

PS I love your updated sound package for the EJets! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SteamingSpoon said:

Hey AT,

Thanks for the response! That’s good to know. I was comparing the fuel flow rate and its associated predictions to those of some other well known addon airplanes, which I’ve noticed tend to land with relatively more accurate fuel as per the progress page. Of course I’m not an airline pilot irl so I don’t have any real data to go off of, so I appreciate the input. 

PS I love your updated sound package for the EJets! 

You’re definitely right though, the calculation can be adjusted a bit more. And thanks!