The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS won't run when FSUIPC7 is running, and vice-versa

Earl Needham

I'm really confused.

I finally upgraded from FSUIPC4 today.  I downloaded FSUIPC7 and registered it.  It all seems to work -- except if I start FSUIPC first, then MSFS (FSX) won't run and gives me an error that there is another instance of MSFS already running -- which isn't.

If I start FSX first, then FSUIPC won't run and I get an error that states "Cannot run FSUIPC7 as another incompatible product is running (either WideClient, P3D or FSX).  This process will now exit."

How do I make this work?

As stated above -- I'm really confused.

9 hours ago, Earl Needham said:

I finally upgraded from FSUIPC4 today.  I downloaded FSUIPC7 and registered it.  It all seems to work -- except if I start FSUIPC first, then MSFS (FSX) won't run and gives me an error that there is another instance of MSFS already running -- which isn't.

When you say MSFS, that is distinct from FSX. i.e. MSFS is the MSFS released in 2020.
FSUIPC7 only works with MSFS, it is not compatible with FSX.

9 hours ago, Earl Needham said:

If I start FSX first, then FSUIPC won't run and I get an error that states "Cannot run FSUIPC7 as another incompatible product is running (either WideClient, P3D or FSX).  This process will now exit."

You cannot run both FSX and FSUIPC7 at the same time, as they share a windows class name. 

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

When you say MSFS, that is distinct from FSX. i.e. MSFS is the MSFS released in 2020.
FSUIPC7 only works with MSFS, it is not compatible with FSX.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooo!  I bought the wrong product!  I run FSX.  I've always thought the initials were interchangeable.

I don't guess there's any refund/exchange, is there???

Edited by Earl Needham