The simFlight Network Forums

Copy of FSUIPC

I’ve had work done on my computer and my original registered copy  of FSUIPC was not installed back in my FSX.  I’ve registered this many years ago and can’t find my install for it. There is an FSUIPC in my modules folder but when I try to reinstall it it can’t find FSX location. I’m not even sure if this is my original registered copy? Can you help me? 

8 hours ago, Niki said:

I’ve had work done on my computer and my original registered copy  of FSUIPC was not installed back in my FSX.  I’ve registered this many years ago and can’t find my install for it. There is an FSUIPC in my modules folder but when I try to reinstall it it can’t find FSX location. I’m not even sure if this is my original registered copy? Can you help me? 

Download the latest version of the Installer (eg from FSUIPC.com) and run that.  If it has a problem show me the Install log file it generates. Your FSX should be fully up to date (if it's an FSX-SE you should be okay, but if it's a Microsoft FSX make sure you have both SP1 and SP2 updates in stalled. They are still available on the Internet (use Google).

The only difference between a registered and unregistered install is whether it is registered.  Your registration details are help in an "FSUIPC4.KEY" file in the Modules folder. If you need to register again you can get the details from your account in SimMarket.

Pete