The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6.1.2, P3D v5.2 and PMDG DC-6 Throttles

I am unable to obtain an appropriate setting to operate the throttles in the PMDG DC-6.

I'm using the Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, with the GA setup (dual throttle).

P3d: controls are set to 'disabled', so FSUIPC is the controller.

FSUIPC:

• Axis Assignment:
    • Throttles 1 & 2 are bound as:
      • 'Axis Trottle 1 Set'
      • 'Axis Trottle 2 Set'
    • Throttles 3 & 4 are bound as:
      • 'Axis Trottle 3 Set'
      • 'Axis Trottle 4 Set'.
  • Joystick Calibration:
    • Exclude THROTTLEn_SET is unchecked
    • All Throttles are reset - 'Axis not processed'

The above settings are the only way I could control the throttles using the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. However, the control is reversed, and this cannot be changed using the Joystick Calibration settings.

Please advise.

1 hour ago, GMB said:

The above settings are the only way I could control the throttles using the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. However, the control is reversed, and this cannot be changed using the Joystick Calibration settings.

PMDG aircraft are notoriously difficult for good throttle control with calibration, so what you've done may well be the only good way.

You can get FSUIPC to manipulate the axis value in the [Axes] section of the INI file, multiplying the values by a factor.  This is described in the section "Additional parameters to scale input axis values" in the Advanced Users manual. The relevant statement there is this:

,*<number> to multiply the axis value by <number>. This can be a fraction, such as 0.5 (to divide by 2), and it can be negative, to reverse the axis direction. Fractions can be expressed to 7 decimal places.

So try adding ,*-1 to the end of each of the four throttle assignment lines. You can do this with P3D running, then just use the "reload" button on the Axis assignments tab to get the changes recognised.

Pete