The simFlight Network Forums

Info on how to buy FSUIPC7 for MSFS

guzzo76

Hello,
I would like to have some info on how to buy FSUIPC7 for MSFS. First of all, what I need is to have this module in order to bind custom functions for A320 FBW autopilot to my joystick.
Is this the proper module to buy? Is there a tutorial on how to work with custom functions for MSFS also?
Second question: do I need other modules of FSUIPC7 is all I need to solve my problem?
Thanks in advance.

49 minutes ago, guzzo76 said:

I would like to have some info on how to buy FSUIPC7 for MSFS.

Before you buy, download and try it first. You can download from www.fsuipc.com, and there is a trial license available here:

51 minutes ago, guzzo76 said:

Second question: do I need other modules of FSUIPC7 is all I need to solve my problem?

FSUIPC7 should be all you need.

51 minutes ago, guzzo76 said:

Is there a tutorial on how to work with custom functions for MSFS also?

For the FBW A320, you need to use lvars and hvars to control many functions, sometimes by simply setting a value to an lvar, or activating a hvar, and sometimes more complex code is needed that can be ran using the FSUIPC lua ipc.execCalcCode function. There are various examples/support questions in this forum, as well as user-contributed lua scripts, on how to do this. Some people find it easier to use the MobiFlight WASM module, in conjunction with FSUIPC event files (to make the MobiFlight events assignable in FSUIPC7), so that they can use events rather than lvars/hvars/calc code directly. There are a couple of topics in this support forum that show you how to do this.

A good resource for available hvars and calculator code id the MF spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jTXlcHaJWx0B7TB63Pmma7bKwpxsxXJO6EJ3ECt7zpc/edit#gid=373655063

If you decide that you wish to purchase a license for FSUIPC7, it is available from SimMarket: https://secure.simmarket.com/john-dowson-fsuipc7-for-msfs.phtml

John