The simFlight Network Forums

Clicking the mouse on the VS button causes FSUIPC7 message spam

flightsimfan912

Hey folks,

New to the forums, and very new to Cockpit panel building. I have just about finished prototyping my first FCU panel based on the Airbus A320. Everything works perfectly, I have controls now for SPD, HDG, ALT, & VS, even LOC, A/THR and APPR mode buttons.

One small problem though, whenever I use the mouse to click on the VS knob to change managed/selected mode, I will get spammed the FSUIPC message VS_SLOT_INDEX_SET, which disables vertical speed control until I select it again. Here's a link to a screenshot that shows what FSUIPC tells me: FSUIPC-message — ImgBB (ibb.co). My physical VS encoder switch works just fine, One switch, one message, it's just when I click the mouse on the VS knob this happens.

Is this something I can fix?

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

• John Dowson changed the title to Clicking the mouse on the VS button causes FSUIPC7 message spam
41 minutes ago, flightsimfan912 said:

Is this something I can fix?

I don't think so. FSUIPC is just logging the events it receives from MSFS (it is not sending those).
You can stopped those messages from being logged by using the DontLogThese ini parameter (which can go in the [General] or your [Profile.xxxx] section) to prevent those messages being logged, but that will prevent all of those messages being logged, even (perhaps) when you are interested in seeing them.
You can always turn off Event logging, or close the console window!

Sorry I can't be of more help for this.

John