The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC-Digital Input-Problems

Back story:

Hello.  First of all I want to say that I have enjoyed using FSUIPC for many years, and really love the software.  Recently, after several years of storage, I had to reboot a previously saved operating system(Windows XP) because I got the blue screen of death. Apparently, in doing so, I need to redo my FSUIPC joystick settings for my keyboard encoder(Leo Bodnar).

One of the problems is the "Vor 1 Obi Dec" assignment.  I have a good mechanical button connection, and I am able to set this assignment in the FSUIPC software, but then it does not work in FSX.  Furthermore, this assignment does work with a different button on the same keyboard encoder.  So it seems like a glitch. What is the fix?

https://postimg.cc/p5y9HkFK

44 minutes ago, Marcel001 said:

Apparently, in doing so, I need to redo my FSUIPC joystick settings for my keyboard encoder(Leo Bodnar).

The GUID probably changed. Generally the fix is to edit the assignments in the [JoyNames] section of your FSUIPC INI file to suit.

46 minutes ago, Marcel001 said:

One of the problems is the "Vor 1 Obi Dec" assignment.  I have a good mechanical button connection, and I am able to set this assignment in the FSUIPC software, but then it does not work in FSX.  Furthermore, this assignment does work with a different button on the same keyboard encoder.

Check whether the control is actually being sent by using Logging. enable Button & Key logging and Event logging in the FSUIPC options. if you also enable the console log you will see the effect in real time too. Then operate the button which works and, separately, the one which doesn't.

For more help you need to supply your FSUIPC Log file and your settings, the FSUIPC INI file. They'll be in the same folder as FSUIPC.

Pete

6 hours ago, Marcel001 said:

The link below has my log and button setting.

I don't want pictures. If the Log file is too big, just ZIP it please. Text files zip up really small.

The INI file appears to be unused -- none of the assignments have received the automatic annotation they would do when they are read. Without the log I cannot tell  why, but the INI does show two significant things:

1. When this INI was created you were using the original buggy version of FSX. You need to update to at least SP1 level or preferably SP2. Both are freely available on the 'net. eg https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?20588-Microsoft-FSX-Service-Packs

2. Your FSUIPC version 4.853 is also out of date and unsupported. Download and install 4.976 from FSUIPC.com.

Please do both of these things before re-testing and supplying the correct, latest, FSUIPC4.INI and FSUIPC4.LOG files.

I also see some button assignments to a joystick #2 which is not connected.

You have no assignments to any axes at all. Do you only fly using the keyboard for flight controls?

Pete

One other thing I notice. In the general button assignments you have the VOR1 OBI DEC control (65663) assigned to Joy 1 button 25:

19=R1,25,C65663,0

In fact you have a multitude of assignments to controls, not one to keypresses.

But for the "2004 Cessna 2004" profile you just have keypresses assigned, no controls at all! Very strange. In particular for the same button you have:

8=P1,25,K120,10

which is a non-repeating CTRL+F9. If you were flying an aircraft using this Profile then any button assignment made for that profile must override that in the general assignments. That's the whole point of profiles.

Pete

I did both service packs for FSX.

I have a modified joystick connected, but I have not flown FSX much because I am working on setting up all my hardware. My simulator has been down for several years.

I am using Windows XP.  Will version 4.976 work on my OS?

1 hour ago, Marcel001 said:

I am using Windows XP.  Will version 4.976 work on my OS?

Ah, of that I'm not completely sure. Worth trying though if you want our support. Save a copy of your FSUIPC4.DLL first, just in case.

But for your original specific problem would probably be solved by you selecting the "Profile" option before assigning the button. Or just delete the button assignments in the Profile so that your existing general assignments prevail.

Pete