The simFlight Network Forums

Direct selecting a View ?

Hello,

i have created inside Prepar3d v4.5 3 Windows. These are now to see under the Menu as View 0, View 1, View 2.

Is there a Way to DIRECT select one of these windows ?
I know i can iterate thru the windows ( slect next window ), but i want to DIRECTLY slect the windows.

Each window has get a HotkeySelect=x number. But that is not working. When i klick in one of the Windows and the press the Hotkey, the View of the selected Window is changed, but that is not what i want. I want to SELECT the Window, like when i click with the Mouse at any of the windows and activate it.

I hope you understand...

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

I can't find a way of doing this. I can only iterate through using the NEXT_VIEW and PREVIOUS_VIEW controls like you.

These view windows are accessible via the Win32 API (on FSX at least - I don't have P3D). So you could use that to find them and give them focus, but you'd have to be familiar with the Win32 API and it wouldn't work over WideFS.

Paul