The simFlight Network Forums

Warthog Hotas Key binding certain actions not found for A320

cossyphinae

Hello everyone,

I started key bindings with my new Warthog Hotas yesterday with the Airbus A320 and I struggled to bind the following actions ("control sent when button pressed"):

- Engine Master Switches 1 and 2 won't work, which action should I choose?

- Beacon light should be bound to a switch, but there is only the action "Beacon Light Set" which is not working, which action should I use for toggling the beacon lights?

- Which action is intended for switching to manual mode / managed mode at the autopilot altitude section (dot / no dot next to the set up altitude in the autopilot)?

Didn't get those three things to work yesterday and wasted so much time with it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• John Dowson changed the title to Warthog Hotas Key binding certain actions not found for A320
3 hours ago, cossyphinae said:

with the Airbus A320

Are you using the stock A320 or the FBW mod? If the former, you should try the latter...

- Engine Master Switches 1 and 2 won't work, which action should I choose?

What do you mean by 'won't work'? Do you mean they don't work in the UI? If so, you cannot control them - try the FBW mod.
Or are you saying that the controls you are using dont work? If so, which ones? Have you tried logging the events to see which controls are logged (if any)?
If no controls are logged, try listing the lvars or look at available hvars. For the FBW mod, I think the following lvar is available:
    XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_APU_MASTERSW_Pressed

with value 1 for on and 0 for off. Not sure about the stock A320 - take a look for yourself if using that.

- Beacon light should be bound to a switch, but there is only the action "Beacon Light Set" which is not working, which action should I use for toggling the beacon lights?

Have you tried the Beacon Lights Set with a parameter of 1 for on an 0 for off? For more info on beacon lights, see 

- Which action is intended for switching to manual mode / managed mode at the autopilot altitude section (dot / no dot next to the set up altitude in the autopilot)?

I have answered this question so many times now....please search the FSUIPC or Asobo forums for this. Basically you need to look into using the *_SLOT_INDEX_SET controls. You can start here: 

or maybe here:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simulator-events-for-switching-between-managed-and-selected-mode-in-the-a320/323838
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/airbus-neo-is-there-a-binding-to-switch-between-managed-and-selected-modes/244977/4

The A320 is not an easy aircraft to control and you may get more help from other A320 flyers if you include that in the title of your post - I have added it for you.
Here are also some lua scripts that have been provided by another user - I am attaching them as an example of the sort of thing you need to do to control things properly in the A320. You can try using them if you like, but you would need to edit/adjust for your controllers.

John

FCU_Hdg.lua FCU_Speed.lua FCU_VS.lua FCU_Alt.lua

Hey John,

many thanks for your information you gave.

I will read through all linked topics. SInce I am new to your UI, I didn't really know what to search for certain problems.

Beacon lights are already working now and I am sure so will the rest, with your information given.

Thanks again :)