Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

IS GEAR FLOATS


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Gafman said:

Is the IS GEAR FLOATS offset available?  I can't seem to find it.  Currently having to use SimConnect just to query this one variable.

Currently not. It is listed in the offset spreadsheet document (for FSUIPC7 / MSFS), but it has not yet been allocated to an offset.
I can add this for you (if using FSUIPC6 or FSUIPC7 - other versions are closed for development). Which version are you using?

John

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

can add this for you (if using FSUIPC6 or FSUIPC7

To clarify, I will add the following simvars:
     IS GEAR FLOATS 
     IS GEAR SKIDS
     IS GEAR SKIS 
     IS GEAR WHEELS
 to a 1-byte bit-oriented offset. I can post a version here for you to test, if you let me know which version you are using.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Gafman said:

What about inHg?  I am getting some rounding error from the short value not replicating to the double that MSFS is using.

I'm sorry, what does this mean?

14 hours ago, Gafman said:

No ATCModel or ATCType for AI traffic? Or is it just not working for MSFS 2020 right now?

These were populated the last time I checked....

The topic of this post is 'IS GEAR FLOATS'. If you have other issues/questions, can you please raise them in a separate topic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I'm sorry, what does this mean?

These were populated the last time I checked....

The topic of this post is 'IS GEAR FLOATS'. If you have other issues/questions, can you please raise them in a separate topic.

I'm using the .net client.  Perhaps his wrapper isn't working properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gafman said:

I'm using the .net client.  Perhaps his wrapper isn't working properly.

What isn't working properly? As I said, this topic is for the Gear Floats issue, which I will look into adding. If you have any other issues or questions that are not related to this, can you please raise them in a separate topic, and provide enough information for me/us to help you. Your past few posts are rather short and cryptic and I don't know what you are trying to ask...

John

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 2:10 PM, John Dowson said:

To clarify, I will add the following simvars:
     IS GEAR FLOATS 
     IS GEAR SKIDS
     IS GEAR SKIS 
     IS GEAR WHEELS
 to a 1-byte bit-oriented offset. I can post a version here for you to test, if you let me know which version you are using.

I have now added these simvars to offset 0x05D6:
   IS GEAR WHEELS - bit 0 / 0x1
   IS GEAR SKIS - bit 1 / 0x2
   IS GEAR FLOATS - bit 2 / 0x4
   IS GEAR SKIDS - bit 3 / 0x8

This has been added to version v7.2.4 attached, which I will also release officially shortly:FSUIPC7.exe

John
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 7:40 AM, John Dowson said:

I have now added these simvars to offset 0x05D6:
   IS GEAR WHEELS - bit 0 / 0x1
   IS GEAR SKIS - bit 1 / 0x2
   IS GEAR FLOATS - bit 2 / 0x4
   IS GEAR SKIDS - bit 3 / 0x8

This has been added to version v7.2.4 attached, which I will also release officially shortly: FSUIPC7.exe 625.5 kB · 0 downloads

John
 

What shall we call this variable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, John Dowson said:

What isn't working properly? As I said, this topic is for the Gear Floats issue, which I will look into adding. If you have any other issues or questions that are not related to this, can you please raise them in a separate topic, and provide enough information for me/us to help you. Your past few posts are rather short and cryptic and I don't know what you are trying to ask...

John

 

 

Sorry, I don't mean to be short or cryptic.  I deal with students on a daily basis and tend to be succinct. I will open up a different thread about the AI aircraft ATCModel/ATCType's in the .NET Client forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 7:40 AM, John Dowson said:

I have now added these simvars to offset 0x05D6:
   IS GEAR WHEELS - bit 0 / 0x1
   IS GEAR SKIS - bit 1 / 0x2
   IS GEAR FLOATS - bit 2 / 0x4
   IS GEAR SKIDS - bit 3 / 0x8

This has been added to version v7.2.4 attached, which I will also release officially shortly: FSUIPC7.exe 625.5 kB · 1 download

John
 

I can confirm it is working. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.