The simFlight Network Forums

IS GEAR FLOATS

16 hours ago, Gafman said:

Is the IS GEAR FLOATS offset available?  I can't seem to find it.  Currently having to use SimConnect just to query this one variable.

Currently not. It is listed in the offset spreadsheet document (for FSUIPC7 / MSFS), but it has not yet been allocated to an offset.
I can add this for you (if using FSUIPC6 or FSUIPC7 - other versions are closed for development). Which version are you using?

John

39 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

can add this for you (if using FSUIPC6 or FSUIPC7

To clarify, I will add the following simvars:
     IS GEAR FLOATS 
     IS GEAR SKIDS
     IS GEAR SKIS 
     IS GEAR WHEELS
 to a 1-byte bit-oriented offset. I can post a version here for you to test, if you let me know which version you are using.

John

17 hours ago, Gafman said:

What about inHg?  I am getting some rounding error from the short value not replicating to the double that MSFS is using.

I'm sorry, what does this mean?

14 hours ago, Gafman said:

No ATCModel or ATCType for AI traffic? Or is it just not working for MSFS 2020 right now?

These were populated the last time I checked....

The topic of this post is 'IS GEAR FLOATS'. If you have other issues/questions, can you please raise them in a separate topic.

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I'm sorry, what does this mean?

These were populated the last time I checked....

The topic of this post is 'IS GEAR FLOATS'. If you have other issues/questions, can you please raise them in a separate topic.

I'm using the .net client.  Perhaps his wrapper isn't working properly.

2 minutes ago, Gafman said:

I'm using the .net client.  Perhaps his wrapper isn't working properly.

What isn't working properly? As I said, this topic is for the Gear Floats issue, which I will look into adding. If you have any other issues or questions that are not related to this, can you please raise them in a separate topic, and provide enough information for me/us to help you. Your past few posts are rather short and cryptic and I don't know what you are trying to ask...

John

On 7/24/2021 at 2:10 PM, John Dowson said:

To clarify, I will add the following simvars:
     IS GEAR FLOATS 
     IS GEAR SKIDS
     IS GEAR SKIS 
     IS GEAR WHEELS
 to a 1-byte bit-oriented offset. I can post a version here for you to test, if you let me know which version you are using.

I have now added these simvars to offset 0x05D6:
   IS GEAR WHEELS - bit 0 / 0x1
   IS GEAR SKIS - bit 1 / 0x2
   IS GEAR FLOATS - bit 2 / 0x4
   IS GEAR SKIDS - bit 3 / 0x8

This has been added to version v7.2.4 attached, which I will also release officially shortly:FSUIPC7.exe

John

On 7/28/2021 at 7:40 AM, John Dowson said:

This has been added to version v7.2.4 attached, which I will also release officially shortly: FSUIPC7.exe 625.5 kB · 0 downloads

John

What shall we call this variable?

On 7/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, John Dowson said:

What isn't working properly? As I said, this topic is for the Gear Floats issue, which I will look into adding. If you have any other issues or questions that are not related to this, can you please raise them in a separate topic, and provide enough information for me/us to help you. Your past few posts are rather short and cryptic and I don't know what you are trying to ask...

John

Sorry, I don't mean to be short or cryptic.  I deal with students on a daily basis and tend to be succinct. I will open up a different thread about the AI aircraft ATCModel/ATCType's in the .NET Client forum.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:40 AM, John Dowson said:

This has been added to version v7.2.4 attached, which I will also release officially shortly: FSUIPC7.exe 625.5 kB · 1 download

John

I can confirm it is working. Thank you.

• 2 months later...