The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7.2.6 and mobiflight 9

sunday

Hi,

got a lot of trouble with the latest sim update and the fbw. Tried a few things but its still strange at all. Anyway, i made it somehow  into the fbw cockpit and faced an issue which is maybe related to the last sim update but maybe to fsuipc and/or mobiflight.
I have an AP Board which worked perfectly until i did the update to mobiflight 9 and fsuipc 7.2.6 i guess. I´m not quite sure at all if it worked after the sim update because of the heavy problems.

So i can´t use Speed Setting, Altitide Setting and Heading Setting anymore and in the FBW i have some Push Buttons for the ECAM Displays which also stopped working.
Same thing as well in the TBM, where i have a different mobiflight profil.
When i look at the event logging, i can see, that nothing show up there, when i use the SIM Cockpit to change these AP settings instead of my AP Board. Thats means for me, there is no input coming in to fsuipc.

In fact, i´m totally lost at the moment because of the unknowledge if its the sim, the new fsuipc version or the new mobiflight version.

Anyway, i´m done with the sim for the moment, because i´m not able to bring the fbw up again at certain airports, what is really odd.

Maybe someone faced the same problem and have a clue what it is.

Greetings
Frank

Hi Frank,

do you have your assignments in MobiFlight or in FSUIPC? If the former, then you should ask on the MobiFlight Discord forum (https://discord.com/channels/608690978081210392/749561155424354374) and/or the FBW discord forum (https://discord.com/channels/738864299392630914/750095266937438258). They may know more if there are issues with MF/FBW after the update.

If you are assigning in FSUIPC, are you using the MF events or the FSUIPC7 WASM module, or maybe a combination of both?
Either way, I would need to see your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log. If using lvars or hvars, also check that they are still available as I have had reports of lvars not being loaded until the a/c is started, although they seem ok to me in the few stock and add-on aircraft that I have tried since the update.

I don't use MF or FBW myself, but have it installed on my development system to look into issues on using this with FSUIPC7. I haven't updated to v9 yet - I'll do this next week and take a look. Until then, please report back if you find anything.

Cheers,

John

DAMN!!!! I don´t believe that. I tried more than an hour including Computer restart and nothing worked.... So, after your post i gave it another try. After the first usual CTD i got into the cockpit.....and......its runing now. 😨

Still FSUIPC 7.26 and mobiflight 9.......maybe you have the magical touch and fixed the issue or.....whatever....don´t know what it was. 😲
Well, i attached the log and ini anyway.

I use mobiflight events to handle my AP Board. I have no clue how to do it with fsuipc only. 🥴

Cheers and thanks for your fast reply.
Frank

FSUIPC7.1.log FSUIPC7.ini

Edited by sunday
syntax error

Strange, don't know what happened....!

You don't seem to be using any of the registered facilities of FSUIPC7. You are using the FBW A320 events (file) but are not actually using it for anything.
And you don't have the FSUIPC7 WASM module installed, although you have the WAPI activated for some reason. Not that it matters...

Btw, your [General] settings could do with updating. I suggest that you delete everything under the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini and let that get re-generated.

Also, the log file you attached wasn't complete - you started a continuation log. Best not to do or use this function for generating log files for support, as I need to see the complete/full log file. Just for future reference.

John

13 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Strange, don't know what happened....!

You don't seem to be using any of the registered facilities of FSUIPC7. You are using the FBW A320 events (file) but are not actually using it for anything.
And you don't have the FSUIPC7 WASM module installed, although you have the WAPI activated for some reason. Not that it matters...

Well, its still a strange thing. Now i installed the last MSFS Hotfix and i´m now able to start the sim with the FBW. But now i faced the same problem with my AP Board. Nothing is working except setting Altitude und QNH. But i can only set the altitude but i cant see it on my AP Board. But i guess i will have a clue now. Have to check that.

I guess i had the FBW events installed because i thought it will be needed for the mobiflight settings. Anyway, i have fsuipc for the connection to mobiflight only because i don´t really know how to set my AP Board with arduino with fsuipc only. 😢

13 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Btw, your [General] settings could do with updating. I suggest that you delete everything under the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini and let that get re-generated.

Also, the log file you attached wasn't complete - you started a continuation log. Best not to do or use this function for generating log files for support, as I need to see the complete/full log file. Just for future reference.

John

Ok, i will do that. Thanks for help for the moment.
Greetings
Frank

1 hour ago, Garcez said:

after the latest MSFS update it doesn't report cruising altitude anymore. When I get to cruising altitude he keeps telling me that I'm still climbing.

I think this is a know issue after the SU5 update - see

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/altimeter-problems-altitude-hold-and-atc-altitude/433209
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/help-with-incorrect-high-altitude-altimeter-setting/429439/4

And from that second link:

From the Asobo post about the hotfix:

ATC Incorrect Altitude – The pressure altitude has been brought in line with the new altimeter simulation and ATC should no longer ask you to get to your current altitude if you’re already there. This is addressed in the hotfix. Further improvements to the altimeter and ambient pressure system will be coming in World Update 6.

John

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

The 1.8.15.0 update released yesterday also contains the following in the release notes:
Aligned pressure altitude simvar and pitot static altitude calculations to prevent wrong altitude information for external Live ATC services

Known issue
  • In-sim ATC service radar can still report incorrect altitude (fix expected in World Update 6)

@Garcez
Thats correct. Wrong Altitude is a MSFS issue. I´m actually flying crosscountry JFK->LAX and ATC is yelling the whole time so i cut them of.  😁

@John Dowson
Regarding my Problem. I deleted the ini File as you mentioned and let fsuipc generate a new one. And as a second step i deleted the fsuipc startup shortcut for MSFS and reactivated the original sim shortcut to start the it and let fsuipc activating byitself after the sim start. Just a thought, maybe there is a timing issue between the three programms. 🤷‍♂️

That seems to solved my problem for the moment. Still on fsuipc 7.2.6 and MF 9 and it´s runing now, everytime i start the sim.

Don´t know exactly what is was, but for the moment i´m happy with it.
Thanks for your help and greetings from FL390 somewhere over the US.  😁
Frank

1 hour ago, sunday said:

And as a second step i deleted the fsuipc startup shortcut for MSFS and reactivated the original sim shortcut to start the it and let fsuipc activating byitself after the sim start.

But FSUIPC is started by MSFS via the EXE.xml file. Even if you delete/change or don't use the shortcut, FSUIPC7 will still be started by MSFS if the entroes in the EXE.xml aren't removed. To do that, you need to uninstall and re-install without the auto-start component selected.

1 hour ago, sunday said:

Just a thought, maybe there is a timing issue between the three programms.

I don't think so, but I don't use MF. By using the EXE.xml to auto-start FSUIPC7, MSFS should start it at the correct time, when it is ready to except the SimConnect connection requests.

Anyway, go with whatever works for you!

Regards,

John