The simFlight Network Forums

How to program APU master, APU start, APU bleed, Signs for asobo A320?

alainzu34

50 minutes ago, alainzu34 said:

does anybody know how to program APU master, APU start, APU bleed, Signs for asobo A320?

Try with the following lvars:
    ELECTRICAL_APU_Bleed
    ELECTRICAL_APU_Starter
and maybe
    ELECTRICAL_APU_Generator_1
    ELECTRICAL_ExternalPower_1

First try operating the APU using the UI and listing the lvars to see how they change. You can then try writing to them - suggest you do this initially using the Add-ons->WASM->Set lvar... functionality first to check they are writeable lvars and not just read-only lvars. If you find you can control them that way, then you can either add the lvars to offsets and assign to them using the Offset controls, or use macros or a lua script.

Later: maybe also try the FBW A320 as that fixes a lot of issues that the stock A320 has. However, looking at some of the APU lvars on the MF site (e.g. https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/presetview/8f842455-d574-4d5e-93a0-f3eb7e4e4652), they are also not working in the stable branch, so you may need to use the dev branch. Anyway, worth installing and trying if you fly the A320. 

Edited by John Dowson
Later added

13 hours ago, alainzu34 said:

I am using FBWA320 dev mode and I tried APU bleed, APU starter and APU generator but these commands are not recognized ???

What do you mean by 'commands' - they are lvars. Did you try listing lvars to see what is available? And then try setting//changing them?

Also, those lvars are for the Asobo A320, which is the a/c you initially said you were using. the FBW A320 is a different aircraft and will have different lvars.
Anyway, just took a look om the FBW A320 (latest dev version) , and those lvars are available, as well as the following APU related ones:
    A32NX_APU_AUTOEXITING_RESET
    A32NX_APU_AUTOEXITING_TEST_ON
    A32NX_APU_AUTOEXITING_TEST_OK
    XMLVAR_Momentary_PUSH_OVHD_ELEC_APUGEN_Pressed
    A32NX_OVHD_PNEU_APU_BLEED_PB_IS_ON
    A32NX_OVHD_PNEU_APU_BLEED_PB_HAS_FAULT
    A32NX_OVHD_APU_MASTER_SW_PB_IS_ON
    A32NX_OVHD_APU_MASTER_SW_PB_HAS_FAULT
    A32NX_OVHD_APU_START_PB_IS_ON
    A32NX_OVHD_APU_START_PB_IS_AVAILABLE
    XMLVAR_APU_StarterKnob_Pos
    A32NX_APU_N
    APU_BLEED_PRESSURE

Try activating the functions you want to program in the UI, and see which lvars are affected. Then try updating the lvars to see if they can be used to achieve the same. If so, you can then assign either using the lvars-to-offsets functionality with one of the offset controls (to change the offset value and thus update the lvar), or an lvar macro, or a lua script (needed if more complex calculator code is involved).

Also, as I said, if using the FBW A320, check the MobiFlight preset list (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/list) and see which lvars/hvars/calcularot code they are using and try to emulate that (or install the MF WASM module and use the presets via FSUIPC event files). You should also ask on the FBW forums as they will know more about the specifics of the FBW A320,

Please report back how you get on.

John

Thanks for your reply, but I am afraid to be unable to activate these functions.

I have found on a forum:

sw-apu-start on press fsuipc offset=0x620A type=integer size=1 mask=00FF value=1

But I do not know how to integrate these parameters in fsuipc

Best regards

2 hours ago, alainzu34 said:

Thanks for your reply, but I am afraid to be unable to activate these functions.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean? What functions? These are lvars - do you know what they are and how to use them?
I am assuming you know what I am talking about. If not, I suggest you read up on what they are, and consult the FSUIPC user guide + advanced user guide on how to use them.

2 hours ago, alainzu34 said:

sw-apu-start on press fsuipc offset=0x620A type=integer size=1 mask=00FF value=1

But I do not know how to integrate these parameters in fsuipc

Me neither. But that offset is in the range reserved for PMDG, so it is in no way applicable to the A320.

I really cannot help you if you are not trying what I am recommending. Have you tried listing the lvar values and changing them to see what effect they have?
You can do this via the Add-ons->WASM menu. You need to do that first, to see what works for what you want to achieve, and once that is done you can then think about setting up button or key assignments (or maybe lua scripts) to achieve the same.

The A320 is a complicated beast. Try the FBW discord forum (https://discord.com/channels/738864299392630914/750095266937438258) for questions on the FBW A320, and also the MobiFlight webapp they have for the FBW A320 - in the links I have posted, twice!

I can help you to get things working via FSUIPC if you know what actual works in the aircraft (lvars/hvars/calculatot code/MF presets), but I cannot possibly support all functions for all the various add-ons/mods. You have to do some of the work.

John

Hello John, I appreciate your replies, but as you may have understood, I am a basic fsuipc user who is not familiar with ivars and still unable to use mobiflight.

I will follow your suggestion and read more carefully fsuipc advanced user guide.

Thanks very much.

Alain