Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

[LvarOffsets] Section Profil not working


ptimale

Recommended Posts

Hello

translated by Google

the lvar does not work if I activate it in a profile section

below the GENERAL section
[LvarOffsets]
0 = L: A32NX_OVHD_PNEU_APU_BLEED_PB_IS_ON = UB0xA000
OK it works

[Profile.FLYBYWIRE]
DontLogThese = 67042,66387,66388,67205
1 = Airbus A320 Neo FlyByWire
2 = Airbus A320neo Easyjet NEO c / s

[LvarOffsets.FLYBYWIRE]
0 = L: A32NX_OVHD_PNEU_APU_BLEED_PB_IS_ON = UB0xA000

NOK its not working

thank you

FSUIPC7.ini FLYBYWIRE.ini

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ptimale said:

the lvar does not work if I activate it in a profile section

I am confused by your FSUIPC7.ini. You have included a separate profile ini, which is used when you are using profiles in separate files. However, you are not actually using profiles in separate files - you have:
    UseProfiles=Yes
and not
    UseProfiles=Files

So I think that maybe the lvars-to-offsets is working, but not your assignments to that offset.

Having said that, there may be an issue with using the LvarOffset ini section when using profiles in separate files. I haven't checked/tested this yet.
It may work, I'm not sure, but I don't think it will automatically transfer the LvarOffsets.<profile> section to your separate ini file.
So, first, change to using UserProfiles=Files (if that is what you are using) and see if it works then. If not, manually copy your [LvarOffsets.FLYBYWIRE] FSUIPC7.ini section to your FLYBYWIRE.ini and rename to just [LvarOffsets].

I'll also check this here, as I hadn't considered the profiles-in-separate-files option when I implemented this.

John

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I am confused by your FSUIPC7.ini. You have included a separate profile ini, which is used when you are using profiles in separate files. However, you are not actually using profiles in separate files - you have:
    UseProfiles=Yes
and not
    UseProfiles=Files

So I think that maybe the lvars-to-offsets is working, but not your assignments to that offset.

translated by Google

thank you for your reply

my profiles work until now with:
UseProfiles = Yes
1)
I have modified in UseProfiles = Files as you advise me

[Profile.FLYBYWIRE]
DontLogThese = 67042,66387,66388,67205
1 = Airbus A320 Neo FlyByWire
2 = Airbus A320neo Easyjet NEO c / s

[LvarOffsets.FLYBYWIRE]
0 = L: A32NX_OVHD_PNEU_APU_BLEED_PB_IS_ON = UB0xA000

It does not work

24 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Having said that, there may be an issue with using the LvarOffset ini section when using profiles in separate files. I haven't checked/tested this yet.
It may work, I'm not sure, but I don't think it will automatically transfer the LvarOffsets.<profile> section to your separate ini file.
So, first, change to using UserProfiles=Files (if that is what you are using) and see if it works then. If not, manually copy your [LvarOffsets.FLYBYWIRE] FSUIPC7.ini section to your FLYBYWIRE.ini and rename to just [LvarOffsets].

I'll also check this here, as I hadn't considered the profiles-in-separate-files option when I implemented this.

John

 

2)
Added section to FLYBYWIRE.ini ini file
[LvarOffsets]
0 = L: A32NX_OVHD_PNEU_APU_BLEED_PB_IS_ON = UB0xA000
OK it works

I take this opportunity to thank you for your software, I admit having had a lot of trouble understanding the philosophy, even if I still follow far from understanding all, such as offset signed unsigned (SB, UB) or finding the info in the simulation to know if it is signed or unsigned ????

Once again thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ptimale said:

2)
Added section to FLYBYWIRE.ini ini file
[LvarOffsets]
0 = L: A32NX_OVHD_PNEU_APU_BLEED_PB_IS_ON = UB0xA000
OK it works

Ok, good - that is what I suspected. I will amend the Advanced User guide to mention this if using profiles in separate files, as its not clear.

41 minutes ago, ptimale said:

I admit having had a lot of trouble understanding the philosophy, even if I still follow far from understanding all, such as offset signed unsigned (SB, UB) or finding the info in the simulation to know if it is signed or unsigned ????

Yes, as do us all! There isn't much documentation on lvars, and FSUIPC is aircraft agnostic, so it handles all lvars equally (internally) as 8-byte (64-bit words (doubles). I'm afraid it is always up to the user to know what the actual type is, and use the appropriate functions when reading/writing or using in offsets.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.