The simFlight Network Forums

Help : new version 7.2.8 doesn't work

MarkStallen

8 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

I start-up it stops after initial load (see log).

Did it crash? If so, can you please can you please see if there is anything in the Windows Event log, and if so please show it to me.
Please try with no ini (i.e. rename your current FSUIPC7.ini temporarily) and another test with your current ini but the WAPI disabled (by changing your FSUIPC7.ini to disable it).

33 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

t doesn't crash with an error it just stops

Do you mean that its still running (visible?) but doesn't react to any user input (even alt + F hide/show)? Or do you mean that your controls/assignments are not working? Please explain what you mean....
Try setting the WAPI LogLevel to Trace on your FSUIPC7.ini and show me the log produced.
The WAPI runs in a separate thread so I'm not sure how that can cause the other threads to stop responding.
Did you have a aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly?

29 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

It's stops and isn't visible anymore.

So its not in the task bar or system tray, but the process is still running? And there is nothing in the Event viewer? How strange....

Have you restarted MSFS? If not, please do that - in fact, please reboot and try again. If the problem persists, enable Debug logging in the WASM, and show me the FSUIPC_WASM.log together with your FSUIPC7.log generated at the same time.
Also, which FBW version of the A320 are you using (stable, dev or experimental), and is it installed via the Marketplace or the FBW installer?

Found this in windows.logbooks

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Windows Error Reporting

- EventID 1001
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 4

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2021-09-01T12:36:40.6028060Z

EventRecordID 25579

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 0
      [ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer stallen-server

Security
- EventData
      APPCRASH
      Niet beschikbaar
      FSUIPC7.exe
      6128fe7c
      FSUIPC7.exe
      6128fe7c
      c0000005
      0000000000088cab

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA686.tmp.dmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA6E5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA705.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA705.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA716.tmp.txt
      \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_FSUIPC7.exe_ee9a9e8f4e332381a339e4182165414f32fca_f355a881_3770d140-bb7d-428c-9d78-c47e1390b08e

b2aa5d11-f1f4-4930-8385-32be5be8cc8a
      4edba0a7380417068a20e5ca58a5c344

26 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

It's not visible in the taskbar en the process stops.

So it is crashing? i.e. there is not process still running? Presume its also not in the system tray. no? Or is there a process still running/visible? I'm sorry but I am asking specific questions and you are continuing to be vague (continually just saying it has 'stopped'). I am trying to determine if the process is still running or not - it is either still running (but not working/doing anything)  or has crashed - which is it? By 'stopped' do you mean has 'crashed'?

28 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

Found this in windows.logbooks

Not sure what 'logbooks' is - did you check the application events? Of it has crashed (not just 'stopped'), then there should be an event logged.

32 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

can't find FSUIPC_WASM.log

Try searching for it - or check the Advanced User Guide, P45:

2. In the WASM persistent storage area, which is:
      For Steam installs, in the following folder under your
user
            AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\fsuipc-lvar-module\work
      For MS Store installs, in the following folder under your user
            AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\fsuipc-lvarmodule folder
The FSUIPC_WASM log file (
FSUIPC_WASM.log) can also be found in this location.

Your log files are showing different numbers of lvars found each time,  and is stopping (or the log is ending) at different places each time.
Very strange.  Could you tell me how you installed the FBW A320, as previously asked - using the FBW installer or the MSFS Marketplace? And are you using the latest version?
Maybe also test with anything else (e.g. MF WASM module) removed from your community folder - just leave the FBW A320 and the FSUIPC WASM modules for now.

And can you activate Trace logging in the WASM please?
Everything looks ok so far in the logs provided,

Can you maybe also try setting the LvarScanDelay parameter in the FSUIPC7_WASM.ini to , say, 45 or so (min 30). This will delay the scanning of lvars until the A320 is fully loaded, which takes time.

3 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

Here it is. No errors

That WASM log is from a different session to your FSUIPC7.log. I always need to see both files from the same session. Please remember always to attach both.
And was Debug (or Trace) logging enabled in the WASM? Keep Debug logging on, as a minimum, for the time being.
Other than that, your log files show that the WASM & FSUIPC7 are running normally, and you are sitting in the main menu having not loaded an a/c yet.

1 minute ago, MarkStallen said:

The working exe file was 7.2.0d

That is a very old version, not the previous version. This version works for most people (i.e. everyone else!), I don't know what your issue is.
Did you try disabling everything else (e.g. VRI device) for the time being, as advised?

40 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

I found a back-up of 7.2.6 re-installed it and that one is working perfectly.

I thought you were using 7.2.0d?

42 minutes ago, MarkStallen said:

Once again installed 7.2.8 and same issue as above. It's really in the version of FSUIPC

Please try the attached version. You will need to re-install 7.2.8 first (as the 0.5.4 WASM is needed):

FSUIPC7.exe