The simFlight Network Forums

V6.1.4 install not picking up current info

I installed v6.1.4 for p3dv5.2.  When I run p3d fsuipc doesnt show my orevious profiles, no does it bring in the previous control assignments.  When I look in the fsuipc cfg ini the p3d version is the old one 5.1.... Vs the one I have installed V5.2..  And, the vr hmd listed is my old one Rift vs my current one Reverb.  How do I get fsuipc to update the ini info?  I have install and uninstalled, reintalled a couple times wth no change in the ini.

13 minutes ago, RCFlyer said:

How do I get fsuipc to update the ini info? 

FSUIPC will use the FSUIPC6.ini located in the FSUIPC6 installation folder, and will create a new/default one if non is found.

It sounds like you have re-installed in a different folder, si when you ran FSUIPC6 for the first time 9in this folder) it would have created a new/default ini, and so it would have no profiles (or assignments).

16 minutes ago, RCFlyer said:

When I look in the fsuipc cfg ini the p3d version is the old one 5.1.... Vs the one I have installed V5.2.. 

So this sounds like you are looking at the old ini. Just copy this (together with any luas, macro files,  dlls, etc) that you are using to your new installation folder.
Alternatively, re-install but into the same folder as your previous installation (i.e. where your FSUIPC6.ini with your profiles/assignments is located)

If you do not know where your installation folder is, use the 'Open Folder' button in the Logging tab.

And, when installing, please take care on the selection of the installation location. If FSUIPC is already installed, it should (always) default to the same location - did you change this?

Please see the Installation and Registration guide for details.

John

Thanks for the advise.  I have gotten the install correct now.  However, I am not able to assoicate the previously created Profiles with the new install.  I have used the conversion flag UseProfiles=Files, but, when I check the ini and log after running the sim the log indicates no profiles were created and there are no profiles in the ini.  What am I missing?

1 hour ago, RCFlyer said:

However, I am not able to assoicate the previously created Profiles with the new install.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. If you already have profiles defined, you just install the new version of FSUIPC into the same folder and everything should just work - you don't need to change anything. If you install into a new folder, then you need to copy across all your files (.ini, .key, lua, macros, dlls) to the new folder.

I have used the conversion flag UseProfiles=Files

But why are you doing this? Were your profiles actually working before you did this?

but, when I check the ini and log after running the sim the log indicates no profiles were created and there are no profiles in the ini. 

But were there any profiles in the ini before you made that change?

Maybe show me your original ini, if you still have it, together with your new one and your log.

Sorry for the confusion.  In the previous version I had created several aircraft specific profiles and stored them in a folder named "Profiles".  This folder was located in the previous V6 installation folder.  The profiles did work with the previous V6 version.  I installed V6.1.4 today, into the previous version's folder and everything is working, except that the profiles are not being pickup/recognized by the new V6 version.  I copied one contents of one of the profiles into the new V6 version ini file and adjusted the section titles to specifically reference the aircraft.  After doing this copy and paste activity I was able to fly that one aircraft.  However, none of the other profiles are being recognized by the new V6 version.  I don't have the old ini, but, I have attached copies of my current ini and log.

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.log

Have you been manually changing your ini? This (the part in bold) needs removing:

[Profile.R22]Created=08/10/2014 16:10:00

You also have various unrecognised devices:

H=<< MISSING JOYSTICK >>
J=<< MISSING JOYSTICK >>
R=<< MISSING JOYSTICK >>
Q=<< MISSING JOYSTICK >>

and these are the ons that you are using in your R22 profile, e.g.

[Axes.R22]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=JV,256,D,5,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: PropPitch }-
1=RR,150,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
2=QY,256,D,6,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Mixture }-
3=HX,50,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
4=HY,50,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
5=CS,25,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-

[Buttons.R22]
1=RH,34,C66592,0     -{ROTOR_LATERAL_TRIM_INC}-
2=RH,38,C66593,0     -{ROTOR_LATERAL_TRIM_DEC}-
3=PH,3,C66697,0     -{RETRACT_FLOAT_SWITCH_INC}-
4=CP(+H,4)J,9,C66611,0     -{GPS_TERRAIN_BUTTON}-
5=CP(-H,4)J,9,C65580,0     -{AP_MASTER}-
6=CP(+H,4)J,11,C66609,0     -{GPS_FLIGHTPLAN_BUTTON}-
7=CP(-H,4)J,11,C65725,0     -{AP_HDG_HOLD}-
8=PJ,7,C65726,0     -{AP_ALT_HOLD}-
9=PJ,10,C65859,0     -{AP_AIRSPEED_HOLD}-
10=CP(-H,4)J,8,C65729,0     -{AP_NAV1_HOLD}-
11=CP(+H,4)J,8,C66606,0     -{GPS_MSG_BUTTON}-

You need to either:
  - change those letters to the letter actually assigned to your device (A-F), or
  - delete those assignments and re-assign.

Your log also shows that you were disconnecting and re-connecting your devices while FSUIPC was running.  Not a good idea to do this, especially if having issues.

18 hours ago, RCFlyer said:

In the previous version I had created several aircraft specific profiles and stored them in a folder named "Profiles". 

You did this manually, or were you using 
    UseProfiles=Files
?

If you were, why is this now
    UseProfiles=Yes
?

When you install FSUIPC updates, you just install into the same folder and change nothing, and everything should work.

If you don't have your original FSUIPC6.ini, then there is not much I can do. If you were previously using Profiles as separate files, then you could switch to this again, byt as you have lost all  your profile sections, you will need to manually create them again in the main FSUIPC6.ini.

In summary:
   - correct your current ini as advised
   - once that is done, try swithing to profiles-as-separate files
   - copy your old profile files to your Profile folder (if not already there)
   - manually create the profile section  in your FSUIPC6.ini for the remaining profile files

You also need to check what device letters your profile files are using, as they may need updating if they are using those designated as missing.

I don't know how you go into this mess. FSUIPC does not touch or alter your ini files in any way during installation, and certainly doesn't remove any profile sections,