The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7 and VRinsight CDU II possible?

micksid

Hi everyone, 

I have my CDU II from VRinsight and was wondering if there is a way to code it to work with MSFS 2020. 
I can get the CDU screen kind of in the screen of the unit but just need to know if there's a way to map the buttons. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Michael

7 minutes ago, micksid said:

I have my CDU II from VRinsight and was wondering if there is a way to code it to work with MSFS 2020. 

Please see Appendix 3 in the Advanced User guide: Handling VRInsight serial devices in FSUIPC.

Also take a look at the document Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf.

John

Great, thank you John, 

I have configured it and now my CDU II is talking to FSUIPC

This is what i've added so far. 

[VRInsight]
1=COM3, COM6

[Programs]
Run1=READY,CLOSE,C:\Program Files (x86)\VRInsight\bin\SerialFP2.exe

Now in FSUIPC7 I can see the buttons showing up when I am in the Assignments--> buttons and switches menu and i press the physical buttons on the actual unit. 

How do I map them to the CDU of the A320 or the FBW A320?

MSFS does not have assignments for the different buttons in the CDU. 

Thank you again

3 minutes ago, micksid said:

How do I map them to the CDU of the A320 or the FBW A320?

MSFS does not have assignments for the different buttons in the CDU. 

You need to check the available lvars and hvars. You can list available lvars from the Add-ons->WASM->List lvars menu option.
For hvars, you need to make them known to FSUIPC7 by adding a hvar file (for the A320 or FBW A320) to the WASM. Instructions are provided in the Advanced User manual, and a hvar file for the FBW A320 is provided in the FSUIPC7 HvarFiles folder (although it will be out of date, it should be ok to get you going).

Alternatively, if using the FBW A320, you could install the MobiFlight WASM module and use the MobiFlight  events - check the EventFiles folder for various event files (although they will also be out-of-date).

The following link is a good (MF) resource for the MF presets. Even if you don't install the MF WASM, you can still use this to see what lvars/hvars and calculator code their presets use: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/list

Also quite a bit of information in this forum on using lvars/hvars/MF for the A320.