The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 want connect me with the Steam Version

Forfait

Hello there

When i want start FSUIPC7 it  starts the Download MSFS Version from Steam. I have first the Steam Version from MSFS, but of cause some Problems i have change to the Store Version. This Version is installed , i deleted the Steam Version long time ago.
How can i change FSUIPC7 to the right Version?
cu thx

The installer determined that you have a steam install as  you still have a steam UserCfg.opt file. Please do the following:
 - uninstall FSUIPC7 completely using the uninstaller created
 - remove (or rename) the following file:
           $APPDATA\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt
   (where $APPDATA is your user AppData folder)
- re-install FSUIPC7

John

This helped me too. Inexplicably after installing FSUIPC7 in the installation log file the Steam version of MSFS was referenced ... but I had never had this version installed. I deleted the UserCFG.opt file from here 😄 \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft Flight Simulator (I don't understand why it was here) while now I find it here:
😄 \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ LocalCache

Now FSUIPC works perfectly. Thank you.

OLD_UserCfg.opt UserCfg.opt

5 minutes ago, Bavarello said:

Inexplicably after installing FSUIPC7 in the installation log file the Steam version of MSFS was referenced ... but I had never had this version installed. I deleted the UserCFG.opt file from here 😄 \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft Flight Simulator (I don't understand why it was here) while now I find it here:
😄 \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ LocalCache

Its strange that you had a UserCfg.opt file in the steam location if you have never installed that version. Very strange!
The installer checks the steam location for the UsrCfg.opt file and if it finds it it assumes that you have a steam install, and if not an MS store install. If you have a UsrCfg.opt file in the steam location, it will assume that you have a steam install and to correct this you have to remove (or rename) that file.

Anyway, glad you solved your issue.

John