The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS 2020 FSUIPC7 trim sensitivity adjustment for CH Fighterstick button inputs

Jeff Eder

Hello,

This is for MSFS 2020. I have just installed FSUIPC7 paid and registered for the sole purpose of adjusting my trim settings in finer increments. I am using CH Fighterstick buttons for trim up and down. The FSUIPC is in the community file and there is a menu in the top left hand corner of the opening page of MSFS 2020. Using the menu where do I go from here?

Have a good day, Jeff

1 hour ago, Jeff Eder said:

This is for MSFS 2020. I

Yes, I moved your post to the FSUIPC7/MSFS support forum.

The FSUIPC is in the community file

In the Community folder? You should NOT install FSUIPC7 in the Community folder. Only the FSUIPC7 WASM module gets installed into the community folder.

there is a menu in the top left hand corner of the opening page of MSFS 2020.

Is there...how strange! What is that menu? Nothing to do with FSUIPC7, which is a completely separate application from MSFS and has its own main window and menu bar.

Using the menu where do I go from here?

Well, as I don't know what that menu is, I suggest that you first read the README.txt and the Installing and Registering FSUIPC7.pdf documents, both included in the zip file that you downloaded. Then take a look at the User guide (which will be installed under your windows Documents folder, in a sub-folder called FSUIPC7).

I have just installed FSUIPC7 paid and registered for the sole purpose of adjusting my trim settings in finer increments.

Thanks, bur we  always recommend you install  and  use with the trial license before purchasing (available in a sticky post at the top of this sub-forum)if only using for a specific function. Too late now, but you should be able to sort your issue with FSUIPC7....

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response, I don't mind spending a few bucks to support people like yourself that put all that time and energy into producing a better sim. Yes, the menu is for FSUIPC7 and I was afraid you might suggest I read the readme. txt file, frankly I probably wouldn't understand what was written, I am not a developer or a programmer. However, I will start by uninstalling the program and attempt to configure it properly next time around.

31 minutes ago, Jeff Eder said:

Yes, the menu is for FSUIPC7

Ok. Didn't sound like it from your description...

32 minutes ago, Jeff Eder said:

I was afraid you might suggest I read the readme. txt file, frankly I probably wouldn't understand what was written, I am not a developer or a programmer.

Most manuals are written for users, not developers. The developer manuals are part of the SDK.

33 minutes ago, Jeff Eder said:

However, I will start by uninstalling the program and attempt to configure it properly next time around.

Please at least peruse the Installation and Registration manual, and better before installing. You should also take a look at the User manual, just to have an overview of the functions provided. Then just consult the manuals as and when needed.

You issue is a common one and there are already many posts on different ways to solve trim sensitivity. Try searching the forum for various solutions, or post again if you have difficulties. But please consult the provided documentation before posting questions - we provide a lot of documentation to try and reduce the number of support requests, especially for common issues. 

John

Hi John,

I read the applicable documentation and the trim is working beautifully. The user guide is good, pardon me for my laziness I just want the damn thing to work. I am currently using settings 32/16383 and 32/-16383 for increment and decrement respectively. For what it's worth you saved me who knows how much time browsing different articles in the forum for the right information.

For me the cost of registering your product to ask these questions was well worth the money.

Have a good day, Jeff