The simFlight Network Forums

Reverse thrust using fsuipc

I'm building a multi engine throttle quadrant and would like to use fsuipc facilities to operate reverse. I want reverse on the same axes as the throttles so when I pull the throttles back below idle, reverse will engage. Will I still need an f2 key hit for this configuration. I was hoping the f2 key hit would not be required.

I'm building a multi engine throttle quadrant and would like to use fsuipc facilities to operate reverse. I want reverse on the same axes as the throttles so when I pull the throttles back below idle, reverse will engage. Will I still need an f2 key hit for this configuration.

No. Use FS assignments to configure your separate throttles for each engine, then use FSUIPC's Joysticks section to calibrate the throttles with a centre (or more usually off-centre) position for Idle. Allow enough "dead space" for idle (and preferably notch it on your quadrant). Reverse will operate when you pul back further. In general allow about 20% of the movement for the reverse section -- the reverse thrust component varies frpm aircraft to aircraft, but is generally up to 25% of the full thrust amount.

Regards,

Pete