The simFlight Network Forums

FSX detecting a problem with FSUIPC V4.976

Hello Everyone, 

I have been using FSUIPC version 4.976 for over 3 months now. But yesterday when I started my fsx I got this error:

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program(add-on):

Name: FSUIPC4DLL.FS new universal PC interface
Version: 4.976
Company: Peter L.Dowson
File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

and anytime I click yes Fsx stops and I return to my home screen. I have gone thru countless forums on the issue also reinstalled fsx about 4 times with 2 flesh install and nothing seems to work.

How do i solve this problem? 😢 

3 hours ago, JADEN said:

I have been using FSUIPC version 4.976 for over 3 months now. But yesterday when I started my fsx I got this error:

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program(add-on):

Name: FSUIPC4DLL.FS new universal PC interface
Version: 4.976
Company: Peter L.Dowson
File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

This is normally because a previous FSX session crashed, and because FSUIPC has threads which close later (to tidy up), it gets the 'blame'.

3 hours ago, JADEN said:

anytime I click yes Fsx stops and I return to my home screen.

Ah, so something else is wrong. In order to check what I need to see the FSUIPC4.LOG and FSUIPC4.INI files, from the FSX Modules folder. Either copy and paste them into your reply, or ZIP them and attach them.

Pete

The prev.log is the last time fsuipc worked.

The fsuipc4.log is what fsuipc logs anytime I click yes(This is from my latest install of fsuipc).

Also, for some strange reason I had 2 .ini files from around the same time period of the old install of fsuipc, I have included them both just incase.

And FSUIPC4(new install).ini is the .ini file from my latest fsuipc install

FSUIPC4.7z

5 hours ago, JADEN said:

The fsuipc4.log is what fsuipc logs anytime I click yes(This is from my latest install of fsuipc).

This is crashing in a very strange place -- when it is trying to open the SimConnect link. I've not seen such a problem before. I'm wondering if the SimConnect.DLL in the WinSXS folders is corrupted. That may not have been restored when you reinstalled FSX.

Could you see if there's a SimConnect.dll in the same folder as the FSX.EXE (main program)? If not see if you can find the version 62607 SimConnect.DLL in the WinSXS folders. If you can, copy it to the main FSX folder.

Otherwise, I attach two later versions: 62608 and 62615 for you to try, I'm afraid I don't have 62605 (which release of FSX-SE was that from? When you reinstalled, was it from the latest in Steam?).

IMPORTANT: Please could you use the Windows Event Viewer to find the crash details for FSX.EXE which you will find in Windows Logs - Application. Post the test from one of them here please.

The FSUIPC4.INI file in your Zip cannot be from the system featured in the Log as it is from a very old version: 
UpdatedByVersion=4530
It is also very incomplete. So where are you getting that from? Not the Modules folder I think.

The FSUIPC4(new install).INI is a zero length file! And the FSUIPC4(unsure).INI is also from 4.53 and even more foreshortended than the other.

So, why is there no real FSUIPC4.INI? I think you need to delete all those before starting it again.

You said:

17 hours ago, JADEN said:

I have been using FSUIPC version 4.976 for over 3 months now.

So why is there no INI file from any use over those 3 months, but two (incomplete) from 4.53?

Pete

SimConnect 62608.zip SimConnect 62615.zip

So there is a simconnect.dll in the fsx main folder and its version 62607. In the WinSXS folder there are 4 versions of the simconnect.dll, versions 60905, 61355, 61637 and 62607. 

When i reinstalled FSX-SE it was not from steam, its version 10.0.62607.0.

The attachments are what the event viewer logged about the crash

About the .ini file, going through the user manual on the day of this first happening I deleted the contents of the modules folder all at once to reinstall FSUIPC. Later going through the forums I thought these would be necessary, so I retrieved them from my recycle bin and put them in a folder on my desktop. I do not know why there is no INI file from any use over those 3 months. I have since deleted them all and started it again to no avail.

Event viewer.7z

6 hours ago, JADEN said:

When i reinstalled FSX-SE it was not from steam, its version 10.0.62607.0.

I think you have not reinstalled it correctly, then. Try reloading from Steam so all the correct files go into the same place.

Before then, though, try removing the SimConnect.DLL from the FSX folder so FSUIPC looks in the WinSxS folder instead, and also try each of the versions I sent, as I suggested.

6 hours ago, JADEN said:

The attachments are what the event viewer logged about the crash

You have not shown me the correct part.  And I don't want pictures. The error data is in Windows Logs - Application, as I said.  Reduce the size of the 'Actions' window so you can see the whole Applications window. You can then copy and paste the text it displays in the "General" tab. Here's an example (not from FSX):

Faulting application name: NVIDIA Share.exe, version: 73.3683.1933.5, time stamp: 0x5f8ee96e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.572, time stamp: 0x1183946c
Exception code: 0xe0000008
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process id: 0x2274
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c9a4d95edb92
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA Share.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: e91acd8a-f1ea-42f5-9152-a292bed76b7f
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

6 hours ago, JADEN said:

About the .ini file, going through the user manual on the day of this first happening I deleted the contents of the modules folder all at once to reinstall FSUIPC.

That is not needed. The Installer looks after replacing it. And by deleting the INI you were using you've lost all your settings.

6 hours ago, JADEN said:

Later going through the forums I thought these would be necessary, so I retrieved them from my recycle bin and put them in a folder on my desktop. I do not know why there is no INI file from any use over those 3 months. I have since deleted them all and started it again to no avail.

This is why I think the FSX-SE setup you have is not installed properly. I suggest that the only way to properly reinstall FSX-SE is to let Steam do it for you.

Pete

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think you have not reinstalled it correctly, then. Try reloading from Steam so all the correct files go into the same place.

Before then, though, try removing the SimConnect.DLL from the FSX folder so FSUIPC looks in the WinSxS folder instead, and also try each of the versions I sent, as I suggested.

After trying all these methods it still will not run 

Here is the text from the event viewer - 

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62607.0, time stamp: 0x548b7186
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 10.0.62607.0, time stamp: 0x548b71c1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00035649
Faulting process id: 0x2e1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7beb24a7e7281
Faulting application path: C:\FSX\Dovetail Games - Flight\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FSX\Dovetail Games - Flight\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition\ai_player.dll
Report Id: bbb8b1c0-f29e-46fc-93f7-b1abed5b7525
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

That is not needed. The Installer looks after replacing it. And by deleting the INI you were using you've lost all your settings.

That's ok. I just want my FSUIPC to work in the first place😂😭

This is why I think the FSX-SE setup you have is not installed properly. I suggest that the only way to properly reinstall FSX-SE is to let Steam do it for you.

Okay Pete, I'll do that.