The simFlight Network Forums

Bind Standby-Generator Button TBM930 in FSUIPC

garack

Hey, i can find this Button. I just bought FSUIPC 7 for MSFS and i am a noob 🙂

So i want lo bind the Standby-Generator Button but cant find it. i tried all the Alternator Buttons (on, off, set) and i can set on and of but no standby.

Perhaps i need to get WASM (Whatever thats is) to work?

I have it enabled its in the community Folder but All the WASM Options (Lvars and so) are greyed Out.

OK WASM is working now. But i cant figure out how to set this key. Or the GPU key in the TBM..

And i cant clear a button, i cleared it in the settings still but active in the sim.

OK restarted the Sim and now i can clear buttons.

How to switch the AP/Trimm Selector with a hotas or Joystick key? cant figure that out too..

Looked into the Zoom Key for the G3000- But cant find it too😑

Edited by garack

10 hours ago, garack said:

So i want lo bind the Standby-Generator Button but cant find it.

The best place to determine what to use for such functions is the MobiFlight preset list at https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/.
So, for the TBM930 generator, you need the following calculator code (from https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/presetview/950b5ca5-43eb-493b-92fc-f4bcff4572c3 😞

0 (>L:XMLVAR_ElecGen, Number) (A:GENERAL ENG MASTER ALTERNATOR:1, Bool) ! if{ (>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) }

9 hours ago, garack said:

How to switch the AP/Trimm Selector with a hotas or Joystick key?

To set the master AP to trim only (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/presetview/0742d4d1-0f5e-4495-8c8d-f2d873166b37

1 (>L:XMLVAR_APTrim) (A:AUTOPILOT DISENGAGED, Bool) ! if{ (>K:AUTOPILOT_DISENGAGE_TOGGLE) } (A:RUDDER TRIM DISABLED, Bool) if{ 0 (>K:RUDDER_TRIM_DISABLED_SET) } (A:AILERON TRIM DISABLED, Bool) if{ 0 (>K:AILERON_TRIM_DISABLED_SET) }

10 hours ago, garack said:

Looked into the Zoom Key for the G3000- But cant find it too

Not sure about this one, but try the available hvars (there is a G3000.havr file included in under your HvarFiles folder - to use the hvars, you need to copy this file to either the FSUIPC WASM folder or the MSFS working folder for WASMs, and rename to have a substring match on your aircraft - see the Advanced User manual for details). Once you have installed the *.hvar file, the follwoing hvars should be available for you to try:

H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_1
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_2
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_3
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_4
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_5
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_6
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_7
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_8
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_9
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_10
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_11
H:AS3000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_12
H:AS3000_PFD_BottomKnob_Small_INC
H:AS3000_PFD_BottomKnob_Small_DEC
H:AS3000_PFD_BottomKnob_Push_Long
H:AS3000_PFD_BottomKnob_Push
H:AS3000_PFD_BottomKnob_Large_INC
H:AS3000_PFD_BottomKnob_Large_DEC
H:AS3000_PFD_TopKnob_Large_INC
H:AS3000_PFD_TopKnob_Large_DEC
H:AS3000_PFD_TopKnob_Small_INC
H:AS3000_PFD_TopKnob_Small_DEC
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_1
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_2
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_3
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_4
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_5
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_6
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_7
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_8
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_9
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_10
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_11
H:AS3000_MFD_SOFTKEYS_12

John

0 (>L:XMLVAR_ElecGen, Number) (A:GENERAL ENG MASTER ALTERNATOR:1, Bool) ! if{ (>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) }

Woa very nice! Thank you! But where to put this code?

here is a G3000.havr file included in under your HvarFiles folder

Can you tell me where the location is?

Just now, garack said:

Woa very nice! Thank you! But where to put this code?

Its calculator code, so can currently only be used via the lua ipc.execCalcCode function.
If you are not familiar with lvars, hvars or calculator code, it may be easier to use the MobiFlight presets. To use these, you need to install the MobiFlight WASM module, and make the MobiFlight events/presets known to FSUIPC7 via event files. Many MF event files are included under the EventFiles sub-folder of your FSUIPC7 installation folder. See the Advanced User guide.

3 minutes ago, garack said:

Can you tell me where the location is?

Under your FSUIPC7 installation folder. If you don't know where that is, use FSUIPC7's File->Open Installation Folder... menu option.

John

Phuu thats to hard..I found the  G3000.havr file and in FSUIPC i can see them when i list Hvars..But i cant find the WASM Folder in FSUIPC.

Also when i do this Mobiflight whatever it is..will the Button switch Physical and rendered to the GPU position or will only the Event happen?

Ok i found the Mobi Flight Event Files and read the Manual, but it is unclear where to put that code:

It sais i can copy the .evt files to the main FSUIPC Folder. but which file i need and where to put this code^^

I am sorry but I cannot give you step-by-step instructions. There are plenty of posts on how to use MobiFlight and the FSUIPC7 event files if you want to go down that route. And, as I said, if you want to use that calculator code directly (instead of via a MobiFlight preset), then you have to use in a lua script via the lua ipc.execCalcCode script.

You should first test the code to see if it works. You can do this using the Add-ons->WASM->Execute Calculator Code... menu entry.

If you want to use lua, see the provided documentation.

ok Add-ons->WASM->Execute Calculator Code that works but it sets the Alternator to MAIN, i wanted Standby

0 (>L:XMLVAR_ElecGen, Number) (A:GENERAL ENG MASTER ALTERNATOR:1, Bool) ! if{ (>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) }

i also cant bind Starter or Ignition Switchtes , i can read them when i monitor events but they do nothing.

Hmm, my thought was i buy this and i can map buttons. but like 50% TBM buttons not working. Can Axis and Ohs do this? Spad.next? or is this so comlicated too?

59 minutes ago, garack said:

ok Add-ons->WASM->Execute Calculator Code that works but it sets the Alternator to MAIN, i wanted Standby

0 (>L:XMLVAR_ElecGen, Number) (A:GENERAL ENG MASTER ALTERNATOR:1, Bool) ! if{ (>K:TOGGLE_ALTERNATOR1) }

Yes, it looks like this is no longer working, if it ever was....!
The lvar L:XMLVAR_ElecGen doesn't even exist anymore! You can just use the Toggle Alternator1 control to toggle between off an main, and offset 0x3B9C will hold the state, but only main (1) or off (0). It looks like the standby state is currently missing. You should ask about this on the Asobo forums.

1 hour ago, garack said:

i also cant bind Starter or Ignition Switchtes , i can read them when i monitor events but they do nothing.

For the starter, bind to Set Starter1 Held, with a parameter if 1. That is what is monitored when you log the events, and also works if I bind that to a switch/button....later, tried it again and it no longer works...very strange.

There are various mods available for the TBM930, which should fix/improve the stock functionality. If I were you, I would look for the latest SU6 approved mod and try with that (e.g. https://flightsim.to/file/8288/tbm930-improvement-mod) to see if that helps.

1 hour ago, garack said:

Can Axis and Ohs do this? Spad.next? or is this so comlicated too?

I cannot comment on these products. However, they will rely on the underlying SDK that MSFS provides, so if you cannot do what you want to achieve in FSUIPC, I very much doubt that it can be done with any other products.

If you are new to lvars/hvars/calculator code, it may be easier to installer the MobiFlight WASM module (via the MFConnector app) and use the provided event files. However, as the MF presets just execute the calc. code defined for that preset, if the calc code doesn't work, neither will the preset.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm pretty sure I looked into the TBM930 starter previously, so maybe this got broken in a subsequent update. I'm pretty busy at the moment, but when I get more time I will look into the this in more detail.

You can also try looking on the Asobo forums for information on how to control the TBM930, or the MobiFlight discord channel.

John

• Like 1

NICE thanks for all the time and info!

ASOBO breaks all kind of stuff and the SIM is in a bad state..Takes years to get this done i guess. Hopefully guys like WorkingTitle will help them out.

A Sim where you can bind all buttons would be standard for me, but not Asobo/MS.

Anyway FSUIPC helps with binding my HOTAS Switches to on/off (even that MSFS cant do) .