The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC WASM module not detected

lengmo122

FSUIPC7 thinks you are running a Steam install rather than an MS Store install for some reason, and so cannot find your UserCfg.opt file to determine the location of your MSFS Add-ons folder, due to missing or invalid MSFS registry entries.
The strange thing is, the installer correctly determined the correct install type and found the UserCfg.opt file ok.

Not sure why this is at the moment - I will check and get back to you later.

John

Could you try the version attached below please. I have removed registry scanning, and reverted to checking the the standard locations for the UserCfg.opt file as is done in the installer.
Just download and replace your current FSUIPC7.exe.
Any issues, please show me you updated FSUIPC7.log file.

Thanks,

John

Attachment removed as out-of-date.

Edited by John Dowson
Attachment removed

• 1 year later...
14 hours ago, Vasilis said:

I have the same issue. The problem has begun after the install and use of Steam VR api. After the installation the Wasp module no longer work. 

What do you mean by "no longer work"? Is it still in your Community folder? What does the FSUIPC_WASM.log say?

Have you tried re-installing it?

Later: note that you should NOT be using the version of FSUIPC7 posted above - that is now over a year old. Please download and install the latest version, 7.3.23. The installer will also install the WASM for you.

Edited by John Dowson
Later added

57 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

What do you mean by "no longer work"? Is it still in your Community folder? What does the FSUIPC_WASM.log say?

Have you tried re-installing it?

Later: note that you should NOT be using the version of FSUIPC7 posted above - that is now over a year old. Please download and install the latest version, 7.3.23. The installer will also install the WASM for you.

Sorry John my English is not perfect. I mean before I installed Steam VR it was working normally. I have the latest version. I send the log file as soon as possible.

50 minutes ago, Vasilis said:

I mean before I installed Steam VR it was working normally.

I understand this, but do understand what you mean when you say it isn't working...how do you know this? What errors are you getting? Are you using FSUIPC7, and if so what does that report for the WAPI? Try also setting Debug level logging for the WAPI, and show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file first, as this will tell me if FSUIPC7 is connecting to the WASM or not.

53 minutes ago, Vasilis said:

I have the latest version.

Doesn't matter - you can still download and re-install, as this will also re-install the WASM module.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I understand this, but do understand what you mean when you say it isn't working...how do you know this? What errors are you getting? Are you using FSUIPC7, and if so what does that report for the WAPI? Try also setting Debug level logging for the WAPI, and show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file first, as this will tell me if FSUIPC7 is connecting to the WASM or not.

Doesn't matter - you can still download and re-install, as this will also re-install the WASM module.

John

Problem solved after reinstall. Thanks and sorry to disturb.