The simFlight Network Forums

failures vars.

Im trying to use some functions with  Reality XP gtn 750 software.

Reality xp software says to use these vars to use failures:

PARTIAL PANEL COMM:# COM radios failure only.
PARTIAL PANEL NAV:# NAV radios failure only.

When I use the p3d v5.2 failures menu in the image the GTN does what is expected.

But when I try to operate it through a lua script (I want to link these failures to functional circuit breakers) I don't get any result.

I have tried with 0B68, 3BD6, and 3BD6 offsets.

am I trying to use the correct offsets?   

Thanks.

Arturo.

failures.jpg

34 minutes ago, alioth said:

I have tried with 0B68, 3BD6, and 3BD6 offsets.

From the documentation for 0B68: 

Fail mode: 0 ok, COM radio gauges inoperable = 1
See also 3BD6
?-SimC No-SimC+

i.e. that offset is not writeable.

For 3BD6, the documentation says:  Panel failure modes (FS2002 and FS2004 only). i.e. this offset is not working in P3D. Some flags may work in P3D, but maybe not all, and for COM and NAV the documentation does say :

3BDA COM (both COM1/2 in FSX)
(Not writable – SimC?)
3BE1 NAV (both NAV1/2 in FSX)
(Not writable – SimC?)
3BE2 NAV (ditto)
(Not writable – SimC?)

So, it seems that it is not possible to set these via offsets (or lua).

John

The aircraft is A2A Comanche.  The gps is Reality xp gtn 750

The comanche has its own circuit breakers system, with a custom Lvar per circuit breaker. I have hardware built them and are functional in my cockpit.

The target is when the custom L:var of nav/com1 radio circuit breaker triggers, my lua script triggers the  PARTIAL PANEL COMM and PARTIAL PANEL NAV var so that section in gtn 750 stops working.

With the default avionics in a2a comanche circuit breakers works fine, but with the rxp gtn 750 I have to set those simconnect vars to make this circuit breaker functional.

There are other functions in the rxp 750 which use custom l:vars like screen brightness. And I have interfaced with my night/day switch in the panel to use two bright levels. Or gps signal, which is a L:var too. No problem with them.

You can see them, page 8:

https://reality-xp.com/support/trainingcenter/userguides/manuals/Reality XP GTN User's Manual (FltSim).pdf

Sorry, what is "a/c"?

Thanks.

Arturo

1 hour ago, alioth said:

Sorry, what is "a/c"?

Shorthand for aircraft...sorry...

I have checked in a default aircraft (Mooney Bravo) and it looks like none of the radio failure simvars are being updated ot can be written to:
    PARTIAL PANEL COMM
    PARTIAL PANEL NAV
    PARTIAL PANEL TRANSPONDER
    PARTIAL PANEL ADF

The other ones I've checked (although not all) seem ok. Also, the PARTIAL PANEL AVIONICS simvar seems to be the same as the PARTIAL PANEL ELECTRICAL one, with both being set/cleared with 'Electrical' failure.

I will raise this with LM.

John

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to FSUIPC and I'm doing some testing for a system I want to build. In these tests I'm trying to check the status of the fuses on the C152 panel for example. I checked the FUEL IND fuse for example, but it always returns 0 (zero) even if the fuse is blown.

My English is not very good, but it seems to me that you are investigating something similar to what I am testing here, I would like to know where the end of this study was. Is it possible to make the fuse blow through programming?

Thanks

1 hour ago, General Novais said:

I'm new to FSUIPC and I'm doing some testing for a system I want to build. In these tests I'm trying to check the status of the fuses on the C152 panel for example. I checked the FUEL IND fuse for example, but it always returns 0 (zero) even if the fuse is blown.

This topic is for P3D. You have already raised a topic on failures for MSFS - please stick to that if using MSFS. 

I would like to know where the end of this study was.

Just read it! Some of the simvars (and so offsets) were working, others not responding properly which I have reported to LM.

Is it possible to make the fuse blow through programming?

Yes, for some of them and for P3D.

36 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

This topic is for P3D. You have already raised a topic on failures for MSFS - please stick to that if using MSFS. 

Just read it! Some of the simvars (and so offsets) were working, others not responding properly which I have reported to LM.

Yes, for some of them and for P3D.

Hmm.
I had understood that FSUIPC would be like a midleware between my programming and the simulator (no matter which simulator it is, FSUIPC compatible). That's why I didn't see a problem in asking questions around here either. I'm interested in the "little system" working for both simulators.

Sorry for the lack of understanding

2 hours ago, General Novais said:

I had understood that FSUIPC would be like a midleware between my programming and the simulator (no matter which simulator it is, FSUIPC compatible).

That used to be how things worked, and still is for aircraft that use the old/legacy simvars, but things have changed quite a bit with the release of MSFS2020.
I still need to go through the documentation and decide how to handle the new simvars in MSFS2020. These have only been made available recently, and I still need to go through the MSFS documentation to see what I can use and where/how to store, whether I can use existing offsets or if I need to add to new offsets.