The simFlight Network Forums

V7 (MSFS) with V6 (P3D)

BAW242

Hi I am keen to install v7 but I am worried it will mess up my P3D v6 setup which I spent a long time setting up and fine tuning. How does v7 interact with v6?

I read in the v7 manual that you should rename the FSUIPC6.ini to FSUIPC7.ini but that infers to me that v6 is uninstalled somehow - how can that be when v7 is only for MSFS?

thanks for any info

Dave 

1 minute ago, BAW242 said:

I am keen to install v7 but I am worried it will mess up my P3D v6 setup which I spent a long time setting up and fine tuning. How does v7 interact with v6?

It doesn't, they are completely separate applications.
However, as they share a (windows) class name, you cannot run them both at the same time.

3 minutes ago, BAW242 said:

I read in the v7 manual that you should rename the FSUIPC6.ini to FSUIPC7.ini but that infers to me that v6 is uninstalled somehow - how can that be when v7 is only for MSFS?

No, don't touch your FSUIPC6.ini. You need to copy it to your FSUIPC7 installation folder and rename it as FSUIPC7.ini.
Also, it is best to remove any aircraft from your profiles, as these, if course, won't be available in MSFS.
This should preserve a lot of your settings, but some won't be available and will need to be changed.

John