The simFlight Network Forums

main panel DME Nav1/2 switch?

Hello Mr. Dowson:

What is the code (or name, in the Modules/FSUIPC dialog dropdowns, if there is one) for the *main panel* DME Nav1/2 switch? I have an Elite AP2000, and the DME R1/R2/OFF switch controls the DME display on the radio stack just fine, but it doesn't touch the one on the main instrument panel, which is very distracting during DME-based approaches, and when trying to ID the DME morse.

I did send a note to Elite about this, but I have this impression that there isn't much support from Elite on using their hardware with FltSim 2004, and "you get what you get, and if that's not good enough, life's tough". So, barring a "good" solution to the problem, I thought I'd assign a keyboard key to that Nav1/Nav2 switch. The DME, DME1_TOGGLE and DME2_TOGGLE settings all only control the DME display in the radio stack -- I haven't found one that controls the display on the main panel.

I am using the Beech Baron, if that helps/matters.

Thanks very much.[/b]

What is the code (or name, in the Modules/FSUIPC dialog dropdowns, if there is one) for the *main panel* DME Nav1/2 switch?

I don't think there is one. At least I've never found it. The gauge seems to be mouse driven only. Just badly written. Maybe there's a third party one around (probably in a third party panel) that obeys the controlled selection and hasn't got it purely internally coded as that one seems to.

The one in the Cessna's main panel obeys the "TOGGLE DME" control, like the radio stack, but I don't see the "DME", "DME1 TOGGLE" or "DME2 TOGGLE" controls doing anything in either.

Regards,

Pete