The simFlight Network Forums

Brake calibration issues

c912039

I am trying to set up a profile for a specific aircraft, and be able to modify the min & max values and set the slope.  I have set the axis assignment to Left brake, send direct to FSUIPC calibration.  However, on the calibration tab for the brake, it states the axis is not processed, and when I click on the Set button, I dont see any new options to set the slope, and the brake (direct) box continues to show that the axis is not processed.

What I am trying to achieve is to set a curve so the brakes are more aggressive the harder I push the brake pedal, as well as limit at what point the brakes initially start to kick in.

What is happening currently is that whenever I use the brakes, MSFS seems to think that they are still applied once I lift my foot of the brake pedal (which is why I thought applying a slope might help

12 hours ago, c912039 said:

I am trying to set up a profile for a specific aircraft, and be able to modify the min & max values and set the slope.  I have set the axis assignment to Left brake, send direct to FSUIPC calibration.  However, on the calibration tab for the brake, it states the axis is not processed, and when I click on the Set button, I dont see any new options to set the slope, and the brake (direct) box continues to show that the axis is not processed.

What happens when you click the 'Set' button? It should change to 'Reset' and show the buttons to enable calibration. If that is not the case, can you tell me what happens and/or attach a screenshot of the calibration window. Also attach your FSUIPC7.ini file so I can take a look.

12 hours ago, c912039 said:

What is happening currently is that whenever I use the brakes, MSFS seems to think that they are still applied once I lift my foot of the brake pedal (which is why I thought applying a slope might help

Can you start MSFS/FSUIPC7, activate axes logging, load an aircraft, apply and release your toe brakes, then exit FSUIPC7 and show me your FSUIPC7.log file as well.

Thanks,

John

12 hours ago, John Dowson said:

What happens when you click the 'Set' button? It should change to 'Reset' and show the buttons to enable calibration. If that is not the case, can you tell me what happens and/or attach a screenshot of the calibration window. Also attach your FSUIPC7.ini file so I can take a look.

When I click on the Set button, no changes occur. No buttons appear to allow calibration.

I do get these when I click on the Set button for my yoke.  I even get the buttons appearing when calibrating the rudder pedals, but not the toe brakes on the rudder pedals.

Ive included
FSUIPC7.1.log - Log file when FSUIPC7 is started

FSUIPC7.log - log with axes logging turned on, and left toe brake pressed and released a number of times.

FSUIPC7.ini

and just in case its useful,
FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv

Thanks

David

FSUIPC7 Files.zip

As you are using profiles in separate files, I also need to see your FSUIPC6.ini for your DA40 profile.
Can you also check that you do not have your toe brakes assigned in MSFS (are you using an empty MSFS profile for your rudder?) or in SPAD.next.

I can see the left brake movement in the log you attached, but not the right brake.  Did you activate the right brake? If so, it seems that it is not assigned. The left brake logging shows some movement, and it looks like this axis needs reversing, which you need to do in the calibration tab (that you cannot see, for some reason...).

I can also see in your log files that your USB devices were scanned again soon after the initial scan:

47937 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------

Not sure what provoked this scan - did you open the FSUIPC UI?

I see that you have set the DirectAxesToCalibs ini option in your [General] section. Do you need this set? And if so (if your devices are writing to the offsets for calibration), then you will need this set to All for toe brake calibration:

Setting this to ‘Yes’ makes FSUIPC assume that any direct writes to FSUIPC’s offsets for
rudder, aileron and elevator are from a hardware driver and are really meant as axis inputs. FSUIPC directs the values to
its Joystick Calibrations section, where you should then calibrate the inputs exactly as you would for a normal flight
control. The only hardware known to me which benefits form this is the one for the Aerosoft GA28R console. Do not
set this option if you use any sophisticated panels or external programs with their own autopilots, as it is possible that
they route their control values the same way. FSUIPC cannot distinguish the source.
To also allow for brakes to be sent to the Joystick Calibration, this value can be set to ‘All’.

So, try with removing that ini parameter, if not needed, or set to All.

John

• 2 weeks later...