The simFlight Network Forums

"Previous Flight" is not created

Hello Pete.

On my new installation of Prepare3D Version 5.2.22.27615 on a new computer "Previous Flight" is not saved anymore (registered Version 6.1.6).

There is no error message, FSUIPC is working perfectly fine aside of that issue.

During my tests I have added these three lines to the FSUIPC.ini:

[General]
Debug=Please
LogExtras=x4
SavePreviousFlight=Yes

The only thing which I noted in the log was this:

210390 16172 === NOTE: not calling SimConnect_Close ...

Do you have any idea what might be causing this? The "Previous Flight" is probably the most use feature for me.

Many thanks!

Martin

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.log

Hi Martin,

Just took a look and it seems to be working ok here. Unfortunately there is no logging, error or not, around the auto-save feature.
Are you sure there are no Previous Flight files under your Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files folder?

If not, I can add in some logging and give you and updated FSUIPC6.dll to try to see why it is not saving for you.

John

Good evening John.

Yes, I am sure, but I checked anyway. No, the files are not created. I manually saved some flights just in order to see if that works, and in fact it does.

Your test DLL would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Martin

18 hours ago, MartinG said:

Your test DLL would be very much appreciated.

Please try the attached dll. I have added  additional logging around the save flight calls. This is what I see when I pause then exit by clicking the red cross in top-right corner :

96031 ### Mode: PAUSE on
   101328 Calling SimConnect_FlightSave with filename 'Previous Flight'...
   101328 SimConnect_FlightSave #3 returned 0
   101422 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 38 secs = 29.5 fps
   101422    Max AI traffic was 10 aircraft
   101422 -------------------------------------------------------------------
   105469 === Closing session: waiting for DLLStop to be called ...
   117203 === DLLStop called ...

FSUIPC6.dll

John

This is very weird, John.

Same result for me from the log‘s point of view, with the exception, that the file is definitely not created. Please see attached log file. What I have done in addition:

• made all tests with AntiVirus disabled
  • searched the whole document folder for *previous*.* /s

My installed SimConnect Client has version v10.0.61259.0 - are you using the same?

What else can I do to provide you with more information?

Stay safe and thank you

Martin

FSUIPC6.log

Edited by MartinG

13 hours ago, MartinG said:

My installed SimConnect Client has version v10.0.61259.0 - are you using the same?

With P3Dv5, you do not need any SimConnect client libraries installed. The SimConnect server is built into P3D - which is at version 5.2.0.0, from your log:
    24828 17652 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5", Version: 5.2.22.27615 (SimConnect: 5.2.0.0)
and FSUIPC is currently bild against the SimConnect 4.3.x API (as it remains compatible with P3Dv4.3 and later).

I am not actually using P3Dv5.2 at the moment, but I will check on my 5.2 system later today, but I'm pretty sure its not an issue there.
It looks like the SimConnect call is failing for you, even though it  is returning a success code. Very strange.

I see you don't use the Auto-Save feature, but I suspect that would also be not working. Maybe you could try it?

As this looks like a SimConnect issue, I can only suggest re-installing the P3Dv5 client (uninstall first).

John

Because of your comment I have re-enabled the P3D Auto-Save feature. And sure enough both the annoying question (which I declined) and the Previous Flight reappeared.

Do you think there is a  chance to make the Previous Flight work with the P3D option turned off?

Martin

Edited by MartinG

13 hours ago, MartinG said:

I have re-enabled the P3D Auto-Save feature.

I don't think there is a P3D Auto-Save feature, is there? Or do you mean the 'Prompt on exit' option?
I have just tried with that unchecked and I see the same behavior - the call to save the previous flight succeeds but no previous flight file is created.

14 hours ago, MartinG said:

Do you think there is a  chance to make the Previous Flight work with the P3D option turned off?

No, I don't think so unfortunately. I can report this to LM. If the flight file is not saved as requested, I would at least expect the return status to indicate a failure.
However, a suspect that this is due to the asynchronous way the messages are processed - without the pause (prompt on exit), the P3D is not able to process the save flight request before it quits.

I hadn't noticed this behavior before. I will mention in the documentation.

John

Sorry for phrasing it wrong - yes, I mean the 'Prompt on exit' option.

Not sure if that ever gets worked, but thanks for reporting it to Lockheed. It was so convenient to not click any buttons and still have the last flight always there. Would be nice to get it back.

Thank you for your support, John.

Stay safe!

Martin