The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse wheel zoom delay option

eziocin

Hi,

in the FSX/P3D versions of FSUIPC, there is an option in FSUIPC.ini to delay the action of zooming in the VC while scrolling the wheel. This is particularly useful to avoid unintentional zooming in when the mouse wheel is being used for rotating knobs. I have not seen this option in the .ini file of the MSFS version. Is there any chance to have this feature implemented ?

Thanks

Ezio 

13 minutes ago, eziocin said:

in the FSX/P3D versions of FSUIPC, there is an option in FSUIPC.ini to delay the action of zooming in the VC while scrolling the wheel.

Could you tell me what this option actually is please?

14 minutes ago, eziocin said:

I have not seen this option in the .ini file of the MSFS version. Is there any chance to have this feature implemented ?

I doubt it, as now FSUIPC7 is an executable, and not a dll embedded into the FS, FSUIPC7 does not have access to mouse input (when MSFS has the focus).
But I can check if you let me know what the ini parameter option is that you are using in FSX/P3D.

John

13 hours ago, eziocin said:

The command line is:

DelayedMouseLookZoom=Yes

and it is reported in General section of FSUIPC.ini

That option is no longer available in FSUIPC7 as the mouse-look (and mouse-move/trim) functionality is no longer available, due to the reasons previously mentioned.

John