The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Offsets PMDG 747 QOTSII

*** Moved from Download Links sub-forum - please use the correct support forum ***

Hello,

I am a 747 cockpitbuilder. I own and use Prepar3D 5, the latest version of PMDG 747 QOTSII, FSUIPC 6, EZDOK and GSX level 2. I also program a lot in Visual Studio 2013. So far I programmed an FMC, an overhead panel, a pedestal and Standby Instruments (overlaying Prepar3D's visuals). I base my VB-FSUIPC-programming on 'Offset Mapping for PMDG 747QOTSII.pdf' which is included in FSUIPC 6. But I noticed that from a certain offset, all offsets shifted 4 bits. For instance: &H6612 (ENG_FuelControl_Sw_RUN) is at &H6616. Is my PDF outdated? It dates April 2020.

Greetings,

Harrie Hoiting

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the Download Links sub-forum, where it explicitly states Not for support requests. I have moved your post to the main support forum.

The last update to the PMDG 747 offset data was in April 2020 (in FSUIPC6 v6.0.4) - has the PMDG 747 been updated since then? Maybe you could show me the PMDG_747QOTSII.h header file that you have, and if you could identify the first offset that has shifted 4 bytes (I presume, not bits).

And check that you are using the latest version of FSUIPC6, v6.1.6.

Thanks,

John

Thanks for moving the post and sorry! I just found out that the first offset that shifts (4 bytes indeed, not bits) is &H64BB. I am using FSUIPC 6.1.6. On my laptop I use WideClient 7.156 for interfacing with the PMDG aircraft. As far as I'm concerned I have all the latest versions. the PMDG interface also tells me that there is no update.

I attached thePMDG_747QOTSII.h header file as a zip-file.

Greetings and thanks,

Harrie

Edited by John Dowson
Attachment removed

20 minutes ago, SpiekerHoiting said:

I just found out that the first offset that shifts (4 bytes indeed, not bits) is &H64BB.

Ok, thanks. So 0x64BB is FUEL_CrossFeed_Sw, so you are saying that ENG_annunALTN at offset 0x64B7 is correct, but the following values are shifted by 4 bytes?
This is very strange! The header you attached is the same one I have, and this is the relevant part:

bool            ENG_annunALTN[4];

// Fuel
    bool            FUEL_CrossFeed_Sw[4];

which shows these values being consecutive in the PMDG_747QOTSII_Data structure, which is the data block copied to the offsets. So if ENG_annunALTN is 4 bytes at offset 0x64B7, the 4 bytes for FUEL_CrossFeed_Sw should start at offset 0x64BB.

So I'm not sure what is going on at the moment. I'll take a look at this further to see if I can see anything in the code, and check the validation/history of the last PMDG 747 header update and get back to you.

John

Btw, are you 100% sure that the 4 bytes/booleans  for ENG_annunALTN at offset 0x64B7 are correct?
The only thing I can see that could possibly cause issues is the ENG_AutoIginition_Selector variable at offset 0x64AE.
As this is an int, it may need to be on a 4-byte boundary (i.e. at offset 0x64B0), but this should not be necessary with 1-byte packing, and if it is an issue then this would only shift the data by 2 bytes, not 4.

Lets wait until we hear what PMDG have to say, but if you can re-confirm that the above for offset 0x64B7 that would be useful.

Thanks,

John

1 minute ago, SpiekerHoiting said:

I'm sure about the 4-byte shift. I use FSInterrogate to view the FSUIPC-data, unknown byte-align. For any value that I need, I need to look 4 rows down..

Ok, just wanted to confirm this starts with offset 0x64BB, and that the preceding offset 0x64B7 contains the correct 4 bytes. From what you say, I assume so.
We will have to wait for PMDG's response on this I'm afraid, as if there is a problem it resides with them, and not FSUIPC.

Cheers,

John