The simFlight Network Forums

Setting Buttons/Switches for FSUIPC4 with Aerosoft A321

Hi there, 

I just bought a TCA Quadrant in a few days, and I'm working to set up via FSUIPC. The problem is that the switches ENG1/2 and MODE NORM/IGN is not working. I am using the FSX SE and Aerosoft A321 aircraft. Anyone can help me how to resolve my problems? 

I tried many times by button setting from FSX, and from FSUIPC by assigning them to Mixture Rich/Lean, Starter 1/2, or even Toggle Fuel Valve 1/2; however, all of them are not working. 

• John Dowson changed the title to Setting Buttons/Switches for FSUIPC4 with Aerosoft A321

I think there are issues using the TCA Quadrant with FSUIPC. See this thread: 

The last posts from @Jetdriver50are interesting but we never got a response from the OP:

Please make sure before attempting any FSUIPC, or any other control setup with the TC throttle that you have accomplished the calibration instructions using the bar lock and procedure for flashing it’s operating parameters. Until this procedure is completed you are sending garbage to fsuipc or other joystick (yes it’s outputs are x,y joystick for throttles) configurations. Note there are also 3 microswitch outputs in each throttle for the autothrottle, TO, and max detents. Reverse also has an output and variable range to capture. 

The procedure is located here: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/TCA_Quadrant/TCA_Quadrant-Throttle_Calibration.pdf
..and after calibration reference the outputs pg 3 & 4 here: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/TCA_Quadrant/TCA_Quadrant Airbus_Edition_user_manual.pdf

John

Hi John,

I have no issue with the throttle, but all of my switches do not work for A321, especially the Engine Start 1/2, and MODE NORM/IGN. I saw the .INI from this topic, and they did not configure any button in this file. 

I also tried to do a mouse macro, but after creating the macro and click "OK", I didn't see any macro file in the Modules and a 'green box' wordy on the screen. 

14 hours ago, Thinh Nguyen said:

The problem is that the switches ENG1/2 and MODE NORM/IGN is not working.

If you activate event logging and move the switches in the UI, do you see any events logged (in your FSUIPC4.log file)? If so, try assigning to them.

You could also try looking to see if there are any lvars that look applicable - try listing the available using the List Local Panel Vars control.

13 hours ago, Thinh Nguyen said:

I also tried to do a mouse macro, but after creating the macro and click "OK", I didn't see any macro file in the Modules and a 'green box' wordy on the screen. 

Do you mean the box where you enter the macro name (see P37 of the User Guide)? If so, you need to give the macro a name, and once you have finished creating macros, end the macro session. Please see the User guide for details. Mouse macros should work, if there are no standard controls.

I don't have the Aerosoft A321 for FSX, but I do for P3Dv5. I can take a look at that to see what that uses, but I can't be sure it will be the same for the FSX version.