The simFlight Network Forums

How to add missing LVars to WASM/WAPI?

Dr.Sim

I am writing a small client to control some functions of the FlyByWire A32NX and I am using the FSUIPC WAPI to get access to the LVars.

After loading the aircraft, the function

WASMPtr->getLvarList()

returns quite some A32NX LVars, but not all of the official list: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/blob/master/docs/a320-simvars.md

I read somewhere else in the forum, that the WASM module tries to scan for all available LVars. It looks like if the module cannot find all of them. Is there a way to add the missing LVars? Some kind of text file like for the HVars?

Regards,
Martin

13 hours ago, Dr.Sim said:

I read somewhere else in the forum, that the WASM module tries to scan for all available LVars. It looks like if the module cannot find all of them. Is there a way to add the missing LVars? Some kind of text file like for the HVars?

No. The scan returns all available lvars at the time of the scan. The issue is that some lvars, especially in complex aircraft such as the FBW A32NX, are created quite a while after the initial scan is performed. You can delay the time the scan starts in the WASM module, by setting the WASM ini parameter LvarScanDelay. From the Advanced User guide P45:

LvarScanDelay=5: a delay has been implemented between when determining that a new aircraft has been
loaded and the start of scanning for lvars for the loaded aircraft, currently set at 5 seconds. If you find that you
get more lvars when forcing the reloading of lvars (available from the Add-ons WASM menu) after the initial
load, you can try increasing this delay.
Note that lvars can be created after the initial aircraft loading and during the lifetime of the aircraft session, so its
is normal to get more lvars if you re-scan at some point after the initial loading of the aircraft.

I would suggest a value of around 45seconds, but try varying it until you get all the variables you need.

Note that you can also issue a 

WASMPtr->reload()

call at any time which will re-scan for available lvars (as well as reloading hvar files).

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

i tried several times via the FSUIPC7 menu AddOns->WASM->Reload to reload lvars, but i still can not see in the lvars list all the A32NX_EFIS... lvars.

Via a switch button i would like to change the ND range (lvar: A32NX_EFIS_L_ND_RANGE).

Thanks

Regards

Werner

If its not listed, it doesn't exist, or didn't exists the last time that the scan for lvars was performed (done initial after aircraft load and whenever a reload command is issued.

Why do you think this lvar exists? Presume that you are using the FBW A32NX. Which version (stable or development) are you using, and is it up to date?
If you let me know I can check to see if I can see that lvar.

John

7 minutes ago, wk2022 said:

this lvar is in this list: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/a32nx-briefing/a32nx_api/

therefore i believe it should be available in the latest stable version A32NX V0.7.3 of flybywire which i have installed.

I don't think it is available in the stable version. Read that link you posted:

The below table might lag behind the current developments of the A32NX. It is based on the A32NX Development version 

John