The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino throttle not detected FSUIPC6

Hi, I recently bought the Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino, and on my first use, worked fine, mapped everything with FSUIPC6. however, on my second use FSUIPC could not detect the throttle, only the Stick. On further inspection in the fsuipc6.ini file, it only registered the throttle and there was no sign of the stick. it must have both devices mixed up

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Throttle
0.GUID={717B6160-625B-11EC-8004-444553540000}

40 minutes ago, juanimery said:

on my first use, worked fine, mapped everything with FSUIPC6. however, on my second use FSUIPC could not detect the throttle

What changed between the different sessions? FSUIPC gets device information from yoit windows registry, so something must have changed... 

Are you using any saitek software or drivers? If so, please uninstall and let windows install default drivers. Then try again.
If you still have issues, please show me (i.e. attach) your complete FSUIPC6.ini, FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv files. There is no point pasting extracts.

John 

8 minutes ago, juanimery said:

I uninstalled the HOTAS software, and i am using the windows default now, but still no throttle response

You uninstalled the software, but did you uninstall the drivers? if not, you need to do that, ot just do that anyway. Reboot and then reconnect and then you should see windows install the default drivers.

If you have already done this, then as both the throttle and stick are giving the same joy id numbers, you may need to clean your registry.
First, you could try to see if FSUIPC can do this by changing this part of your FSUIPC7.ini:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Throttle
0.GUID={717B6160-625B-11EC-8004-444553540000}

to

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
1=Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Throttle
1.GUID={717B6160-625B-11EC-8004-444553540000}

Try that to see if it recognises your throttle and stick as separate controllers. If not, unplug your controllers and clean/remove the registry entries for the throttle and stick (I can help with this if needed), then reboot and after reconnect your controllers.

You also have controllers active in P3d. If assigning in FSUIPC, we recommend disabling controllers completely in P3D as it  has a tendency yo re-assign when it afain detects your controllers as 'new' controllers.

John

20 minutes ago, juanimery said:

I need help cleaning/removing the registry,

Save the following text as RemoveMyX52.reg:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0738&PID_2221]
[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_2221]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0738&PID_A221]
[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_A221] 

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0738&PID_2221]
[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_2221]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0738&PID_A221]
[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_A221] 

Disconnect your controllers, back-up your registry, then double-click the .reg file you created to remove the registry entries, then reboot and re-connect your controllers.

27 minutes ago, juanimery said:

i am attaching a screenshot of the drivers that i have for both devices.

No need. Just remove/uninstall them using the windows device manager. The default windows ones will be re-installed.

John