The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS 2020 programming saitek switch panel landing gear lever

sflight

Hi all,

I have several saitek panels, my switch panel has a gear lever, but when I try to program it in FSUIPC it doesn't recognise any movement.

I am using spad to connect my panels to the sim.

I know in FSX I had to use some offset thing to get this to work, but I have no idea what I have to do in MSFS to get this working.

Any help would be most welcome, thanks.

20 hours ago, sflight said:

but when I try to program it in FSUIPC it doesn't recognise any movement.

So the gear lever was recognised and assigned, but has no affect when you operate it?
If this is the case, could you activate logging for Buttons and Key presses + Events, and produce a short log file where you take off and then retract your gears. Then exit, and show me your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not seeing your reply earlier, it's been decidedly hectic here. 

I think initially what is the  best way to go about programming this lever in fsuipc please, it certainly doesn't do anything in msfs by default under spad. 

Thanks. 

18 hours ago, sflight said:

Sorry for not seeing your reply earlier, it's been decidedly hectic here. 

Now you have seen it, why don't you follow my advice, show me your files and I will take a look.
If the standard controls (Gear Down,  Gear Up, Gear Toggle, Gear Set) don't work, there may be an lvar or hvar (or calc. code) that you can use, but I need to know what aircraft you are using before I can advise. 

John

11 hours ago, sflight said:

I will have a go at doing what you've asked, hopefully I'll get it right. 

Ok, but if you let me know the aircraft (plus any mod) you are using I can probably help without seeing your logs, as I can try here, if not using a specific add-on that I don't have...

John

Last time I tried it didn't work with any aircraft period, default or add on. 

Usually I fly the just flight piper arrow or turbo varient, sometimes the default king air. 

Hopefully I can get on it over the next few days, I drive trucks, so 55 hours plus a week does not leave a lot of play time unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, sflight said:

Last time I tried it didn't work with any aircraft period, default or add on. 

Ok, thats strange. This was certainly working last time I checked, I will check again.

Usually I fly the just flight piper arrow or turbo varient, sometimes the default king air. 

Ok, I have them - I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

I drive trucks, so 55 hours plus a week does not leave a lot of play time unfortunately. 

I understand...I haven't done any recreational flying for a long long time now, only short flights to look into other peoples issues...

John

The Gear Up and Gear Down work fine in those aircraft for me, so something else must be going on. Can you please do as I previously advised:

On 12/28/2021 at 12:13 PM, John Dowson said:

could you activate logging for Buttons and Key presses + Events, and produce a short log file where you take off and then retract your gears. Then exit, and show me your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files.

Thanks,

John

13 hours ago, sflight said:

that was the issue, it doesn't even recognise the Saitek panel movement to be able to assign it to anything. 

So the gear lever button isn't recognise, in FSUIPC SPAD.next or the sim? Are the other buttons/switches recognised?
If it is just the buttons for the lever, then this would indicate that the buttons on the gear lever are no longer working.

Does it still work in FSX? If so, and this is configured in FSUIPC4, then the same config should also work with MSFS.

And are you assigning in SPAD.next or FSUIPC? If assigning in SPAD.next, then you should contact support for that program.

John

16 hours ago, sflight said:

I do remember it worked fine in P3d, but needed some special offset to work, which you helped me out with. 

Pete helped you out with offsets for your Parking brake - see 

You don't need to use offsets for the gear ip/down - the standard controls work. Just assign to those - if the saitek gear lever is recognised....i did ask:

On 1/29/2022 at 9:55 AM, John Dowson said:

So the gear lever button isn't recognise, in FSUIPC SPAD.next or the sim? Are the other buttons/switches recognised?
If it is just the buttons for the lever, then this would indicate that the buttons on the gear lever are no longer working.

Hi, yes all the other buttons and switches on the switch panel work as they should in spad and in msfs, the gear lever moves in spad but does nothing in the sim. 

When I launch fsuipc whilst msfs is running and click on assign a button tab, moving the gear lever up and down it doesn't recognise any movements. 

13 hours ago, sflight said:

When I launch fsuipc whilst msfs is running and click on assign a button tab, moving the gear lever up and down it doesn't recognise any movements. 

I don't know why this is, but if it isn't being recognised, it cannot be assigned. Are you using the latest version of FSUIPC7, v7.2.15? If not, please update.

Also, try without running SPAD.next, to see if that is interfering somehow. Also, if you using any saitek drivers or running any saitek software, please uninstall these and let windows install default windows drivers.

But if you are assigning in SPAD and not FSUIPC, which it sounds like, why are you not talking to SPAD support?

I have just pulled out my old saitek switch panel to take a look. It is not recongised natively by FSIOPC so you do need to use SPAD or SPAD.next (NOT the saitek drivers though - I remember there were always issues with those, unless they have been updated....).
I just tried SPAD and that no longer works (crashes with a subscript error). I did have SPAD.next which I used with these panels several years ago, when I used this with P3Dv4, but I don't have a license to check SPAD.next with MSFS / FSUIPC7. You should really talk to the SPAD.next developer.

If you continue to have issues, I can see if I can get a SPAD.next license for MSFS and take a look.

John

Ah, but from your image I see that you are using SPAD and not SPAD.next...
I don't think the orifgnal SPAD works with MSFS - I did try this but couldn't get it to run. The development on SPAD stopped in 2012, over 10 years ago.
I suggest you try SPAD.next if using Saitek devices such as the multi-switch panel or radio panels. These will not be recognised by FSUIPC. You will have to pay for a license, but it does also come with presets for many aircraft, and I would consider it essential if using Saitek devices (other than the throttle and joysticks, X52, X56 etc, as these can be handled by FSUIPC).

John