The simFlight Network Forums

Keyboard Device not detected

Gianni4

Hello! 😀

I purchase recently a autopilot panel, and have all the difficulties of the world to connect him to fsuipc7. 

Via the hidscaner, i detected my autopilot as a keyboard device when only the Joystick device are working with fsuipc7 normaly via the keys, switch etc...

How can i do for my autopilot work with fsuipc7 ? 

Thanks you for read me, my English are not my native language, apologies for my mistake! 🤗

1641439591201.jpg

Edited by Gianni4
For add files

7 hours ago, Gianni4 said:

I purchase recently a autopilot panel, and have all the difficulties of the world to connect him to fsuipc7. 

I am sorry but I cannot support hardware devices that I do not know - you really need support from the manufacturer. You do not even mention the manufacturer, name or model!

If it is detected by windows as a keyboard type device, then you should be able to assign the "keys" in the FSUIPC key assignments panel. However, if doing this then it may/probably will only receive the input when FSUIPC7 has the focus, and not when MSFS has the focus. This is because MSFS does not recognise it as a keyboard input device, and so doesn't forward the "key strokes" to FSUIPC7 when it has the focus.

Is there some configuration software and/or driver that this device is using to convert the button presses to key strokes? If so, maybe not run or uninstall the drivers, and see if it recognised as a HID joystick type device without this driver or software. If that is the case, then you can assign in the usual way. If it is recognised as a non joystick type device, it may be possible to assign using lua. You could maybe look into using the example HidDemo.lua script provided (in the lua examples zip file in your FSUIPC7 Documents folder), but I would first check with support for that device.

John

Thanks you for you answer! 

Yes, me too i have no idea of the manufacturer of the autopilot. I purchase him in a store than looks like not responsable of the autopilot construction. 

The model of this device are: Arduino Leonardo 

And this autopilot, was made for Flight Simulator X. But in the manual of their autopilot, they clearly show than he can to work with another program.

I will try your suggestions, and contact the same way the store for more clearance. (Because they really was not clear with this product since i bought him. Looks like more an autopilot build in the garage)

Edited by Gianni4
Miss informations

31 minutes ago, Gianni4 said:

The model of this device are: Arduino Leonardo 

That will be the microcontroller USB board that the kit is built on.

33 minutes ago, Gianni4 said:

Looks like more an autopilot build in the garage)

Yes, arduino boards are used a lot for this type of thinks. Unfortunately I have no experience with such controllers. Your best bet is to look at the microcontroller board documentation - see https://docs.arduino.cc/hardware/leonardo.
You could also try looking and/or asking about this on https://www.cockpitbuilders.com/.

John

• 3 months later...

@Gianni4 I'm  not sure if thus is of interest (or if you solved your issue), but for the latest FSUIPC7 beta I have added a facility to allow FSUIPC7 to use a global keyboard hook to receive keyboard input rather than getting it from the FS via SimConnect. This may (hopefully) detect the key presses sent from your controller. This version is currently available in the following post: 

John