The simFlight Network Forums

HOW TO ACTIVATE IAS BUTTON IN HONEYCOMB BRAVO?

Ferota

Please, how can I do in FSUIPC assignments to activate in the Honeycomb Bravo the IAS button of the autopilot in order to maintain IAS in climbs and descents. On the Garmin 1000 the button is called "FLC" and as much as I've tried, I can't activate it from the Honeycomb Bravo...

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Ferota said:

Please, how can I do in FSUIPC assignments to activate in the Honeycomb Bravo the IAS button of the autopilot in order to maintain IAS in climbs and descents. On the Garmin 1000 the button is called "FLC" and as much as I've tried, I can't activate it from the Honeycomb Bravo...

This depends on what aircraft/auto-pilot system you are using. You can try the standard controls:
     Flight Level Change
     AP Airspeed Hold
     Ap Airspeed On
     Ap Airspeed Off
     Ap Airspeed Set

For some aircraft, you would need to use lvars.hvars or calculator code. For example:
    Working Title CJ4: use hvar H:WT_CJ4_AP_FLC_PRESSED
    Asobo Cesna 172: use calculator code (>K:FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE) (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) (>K:AP_SPD_VAR_SET)

etc

A good resource to determine what to use, if the standard controls/events don't do what you want, is the MobiFlight preset list: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/list

If you are not familiar with lvars/hvars/calculator code, it may be easier to install the MobiFlight WASM module and use the provided MobiFlight event files, which are located under the EventFiles folder of your FSUIPC7 installation. There is an event file there to use with the G1000 (called G1000.rvt), which has the event:
     MobiFlight.AS1000_MFD_FLC_Push
which may be appropriate. This MobiFlight preset is mapped to the calculator code shown above for the C172.

Also, a hvar file for the G1000 is also provided in the HvarFiles folder of your FSUIPC7 installation, although I cannot see anything specific in that file for the FLC button.
To use hvar files, please see the provided documentation (Advanced User Guide).

John

On 1/21/2022 at 1:06 PM, John Dowson said:

This depends on what aircraft/auto-pilot system you are using. You can try the standard controls:
     Flight Level Change

I have just realised that the new flight level change controls:
    Flight Level Change
    Flight Level On
    Flight Level Off
are not available in the current official released version. They are new controls that are available in the latest beta release (available in some forum posts) but have not yet been officially released - I will be releasing v7.2.15 (that contains these additional controls) tomorrow.

Sorry about that.

John

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry about that.

Nothing to forgive, John. Thank you very much for your quick responses and for serving so wonderfully those of us who have enjoyed FSUIPC for many years. I'll wait until tomorrow to install the new version and I'll tell you if I managed to solve the problem. Thanks again!!