The simFlight Network Forums

Configuring overheadkey function to my keypad (for A32nx)

Hello, I have installed the registered version FSUIPC7. Can you please tell me how to configure a key on my keyboard (for example) for starting the cabin call identical with pushing the button "ALL" in the flybywire A32nx overheadpanel?

Where can I find a complete list with possible functions and parameters?

How is the exact function name for this example?

which parameters are the correct ones and are necessary therefore?

Do I have to configure this under "Buttons & switches" or under "Key presses"

Thanks for your help,

Greetings from Bavaria,

Ralf

16 hours ago, Ralf Luther said:

Do I have to configure this under "Buttons & switches" or under "Key presses"

If you want to configure an action for a key press, you configure under "Key presses". I would have thought this was obvious....
Before anything else, please review the documentation - you should at least read/peruse the User Guide so you have an idea of the functions available. Also a good idea to take a look at thee Advanced User guide, so you at least have an idea in the various functionality available.

Where can I find a complete list with possible functions and parameters?

There is no such list. For the events/controls that are available, there should be an automatically generated document (in your FSUIPC7 Documents sub-folder), called Controls List for MSFS Build 999.txt. Additional FSUIPC controls are documented in the Advanced user guide.

Be aware that many aircraft, especially complex aircraft like the FBW A320, use lvars, hvars, or a combination of both using calculator code.
You can find a list of MobiFlight presets for many aircraft, including the FBW A320, at https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/list. It maybe easier, if you are new to lvars, hvars, etcm use the presets directly. To do this, you need to install the MobiFlight WASM module. Once you have done this, MobiFlight event files can be found under the EventFiles sub-folder of your FSUIPC7 installation folder. Yo use these, copy them to the main installation folder (i.e. up one level), and you can then assign directly to these MobiFlight events/presets - but you must have the MobiFlight WASM module installed.

Alternatively, you can use the preset definitions to perform the same action by using lvars, havars or calculator code directly in FSUIPC, but to do this you need to understand how to use these. Details are in the Advanced User guide, as well as in the user guide.

For your specific example:

Can you please tell me how to configure a key on my keyboard (for example) for starting the cabin call identical with pushing the button "ALL" in the flybywire A32nx overheadpanel?

Looking at the MobiFlight hubhop page, you will find the following related presets for this:
      PUSH_OVHD_CALLS_ALL_OFF
      PUSH_OVHD_CALLS_ALL_ON

So, if you install the MobiFlight WASM, move the A32X-FBW2.evt file (that event is located in that file) to your main FSUIPC7 installation folder, you can then assign directly to that preset.

However, looking at that preset, it simply toggles the lvar L:PUSH_OVHD_CALLS_ALL between 1 and 0. To do this in FSUIPC, you can assign the lvar to an fsuipc offset, and then use the Offset Byte Togglebits control. Please see the section on lvars and adding lvars to offsets on P43 of the Advanced User guide. A very similar example is given (i.e. adding a boolean lvar to an offset and then assigning a control to change that lvar) which you can follow and adapt to your own needs (i.e. change the lvar name).

John

• Thanks 1