The simFlight Network Forums

P3Dv5.3 not shutting down properly

I'm not sure if this is related to other problems I've been P3Dv5.3 but it seems P3D isn't shutting down properly. When I choose File/Exit it leaves these two items in the taskbar. One is labeled "Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v5 with Wideserver: waiting for clients", the other "Prepar3D v5 Dialog". Clicking on them doesn't maximize them and I have to manually close them.  Jorge in the P3D forum said this might be related to fsuipc.

Jerry

15 hours ago, Jerry McCarroll said:

One is labeled "Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v5 with Wideserver: waiting for clients", the other "Prepar3D v5 Dialog".

The window labeled "Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v5 with Wideserver: waiting for clients" is the P3D main window, the other a P3D dialog box - not sure which one. Did you get the confirm exit dialog box from P3D, or do you have that option disabled?

15 hours ago, Jerry McCarroll said:

Jorge in the P3D forum said this might be related to fsuipc.

It might, but I cannot tell from the information you have provided. Please show me your FSUIPC6.log file.

John

I did a clean install of P3D5.3.  the only addons I have installed are FSUIPC and the Prosim737 Aircraft model PBR.  I'm having the same problems as before.  When I load a flight and click on any top dropdown Menu item and make a selection: ex:  Navigation-Go to Airport, the window goes black.  If I click on the black screen I hear a Windows ding.  I hit Esc and goes back to the Flight screen.  If I click on Scenario-Exit the window goes black.  If I then hit Enter-Esc it closes P3D.  It must have something to do with fsuipc.  I just go to the default flight and don't start Prosim I still have this issue.

Jerry

I just discovered something very interesting.  I uninstalled fsuipc and Prosim737 aircraft and restarted P3D.  I'm running an RTX 3080 and have P3D spread across 3 42" lcd screens.  If I dock P3D on the left screen all the menus are working properly, also on the right screen.  But on the middle screen or spread across all three the P3D window goes black when I try to select something from any menu.  I reinstalled fsuipc and its still working like it should.  I guess I need to contact Lockheed Martin and explain this to them.  It was working fine with P3Dv4.5 but when I switched to P3Dv5.3 this started happening.

Jerry

So your P3D windows go black when you select any menu option? That does sound like an issue with P3D...
The P3D windows will go black when you open FSUIPC - this is normal. If the FSUIPC main window isn't being shown,  it is because it is positioned outside of your screen dimensions. If that is the case, remove the ini parameter OptionsDialogOffset from the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini file - this is the ini parameter that saves the position of the FSUIPC main window.

John