The simFlight Network Forums

No "Modules" Folder

Hi everyone,

I just want to start by saying that I know very little about how FSUIPC works and am not particularly tech savvy, so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious. I am currently attempting to modify the CLS DC-10 for use with P3Dv5 using a guide that I found, and purchased FSUIPC6 as this is listed as a requirement for using the included .lua files. (For panel sounds, etc). The guide says to place all three included .lua files in the p3dv5/Modules folder, however this folder does not exist for me. I tried placing them in the Documents/FSUIPC6 folder instead, however this did not have the desired effects.  Did I install FSUIPC incorrectly? In my first attempt I did not change the directory, and in my second I chose my P3D root folder. The installation instructions recommend changing the installation directory to somewhere different but I have been unable to find any recommendations as to where I should install it instead. I am very lost here and not sure where else to look, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, ClunkiestPage8 said:

The guide says to place all three included .lua files in the p3dv5/Modules folder, however this folder does not exist for me. I tried placing them in the Documents/FSUIPC6 folder instead, however this did not have the desired effects.  Did I install FSUIPC incorrectly? In my first attempt I did not change the directory, and in my second I chose my P3D root folder. The installation instructions recommend changing the installation directory to somewhere different but I have been unable to find any recommendations as to where I should install it instead. I am very lost here and not sure where else to look, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

All versions of FSUIPC prior to FSUIPC6 were installed in a folder called Modules that resides under the FS main folder. However, from FSUIPC6 and onwards, this requirement was removed and you are free to install FSUIPC in any folder you wish. If any documentation refers to the Modules folder, just read this as your FSUIPC6 installation folder.

If you do not know where your FSUIPC6 installation folder is, then use the Open Folder button from the FSUIPC logging tab.
Note that you misy have either selected the installation location or have accepted the default installation location. This used to be the prepare3d add-ons folder (Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6) but I think I changed this to just C:\FSUIPC6. Either way, it is a folder that you select/confirm during the installation process, so you should really pay attention to know where you installed FSUIPC6. If you are using the add-in xml installation methid, the FSUIPC6 add-on.xml file will be under Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6. We recommend that you do NOT use the same folder for your actual FSUIPC6 installation.

As for recommendations, I install mine under (FlightSim)D:\\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6, but any folder NOT under your FS main folder and NOT in a windows protected folder (such as Documents, Program Files, etc) is fine.

John