The simFlight Network Forums

When to restart the sim

JumboAg

I'm trying to use FSUIPC7 to map some aircraft LVARs to a Honeycomb Yoke as custom offsets.  Between the users guide and forums, I have managed to get that working, but so far I'm finding that I need to restart the sim to make them work once I assign a custom offset in the button & Switch Assignments.   Is there a way to avoid having to do that?  I know I can initially create additional custom offsets without a restart by choosing Add-ons -> WASM -> reload, but what about assigning them?  Do I need to exit and restart MSFS every time I assign a new button/switch to a custom offset for it to take effect? 

Chris 

8 hours ago, JumboAg said:

I know I can initially create additional custom offsets without a restart by choosing Add-ons -> WASM -> reload, but what about assigning them?  Do I need to exit and restart MSFS every time I assign a new button/switch to a custom offset for it to take effect? 

If you are creating the assignment in the UI, it should take affect straight away, with no need for an MSFS restart.
If you are manually editing the ini, then a combination of a WASM reload and an assignments reload should suffice - there are buttons in the Button, Key and Axis assignment panels to reload your assignments - try using those.

And you should never need to restart MSFS. You should be able to get away with reloading your assignments for most (manual) changes, but for some changes you may need to restart FSUIPC7 (but not MSFS). Just exit MSFS and restart it by double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe file, not using the desktop icon that starts MSFS.

John

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

If you are creating the assignment in the UI, it should take affect straight away, with no need for an MSFS restart.
If you are manually editing the ini, then a combination of a WASM reload and an assignments reload should suffice - there are buttons in the Button, Key and Axis assignment panels to reload your assignments - try using those.

And you should never need to restart MSFS. You should be able to get away with reloading your assignments for most (manual) changes, but for some changes you may need to restart FSUIPC7 (but not MSFS). Just exit MSFS and restart it by double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe file, not using the desktop icon that starts MSFS.

John

Thank you.  Will make sure to do the above going forward.