The simFlight Network Forums

How to use calculator code

Framac

Hi,
Where can I read information about the calculator code and how to calculate the values?
It's possible to send this values with my program via FSUIPC ?
For example I know that: 0 (>H:A32NX_EFIS_L_CHRONO_PUSHED) in FBW activates Chrono, but it's possible to send it to msfs via FSUipc without the calculator??
Or I have to use the event files to do that?
I've looked for this information but haven't been able to figure out where to start. 😐

Thank you for your help

11 hours ago, Framac said:

For example I know that: 0 (>H:A32NX_EFIS_L_CHRONO_PUSHED) in FBW activates Chrono, but it's possible to send it to msfs via FSUipc without the calculator??

That calculator code just activates the hvar.  To use hvars in FSUIPC7, you first have to make them known to FSUIPC7 using hvar files. Hvar files for the FBW A320 are provided in the HvarFiles sub-folder of your FSUIPC7 installation., To use these, you need to move or copy them to a location where they are recognised by FSUIPC7, and also rename them to give a substring match on the aircraft that you are using. Details of this can be found in the Advanced User  guide, page P45). Once the hvars are known to FSUIPC7, you can try activating them using the Add-ons->WASM->Activate hvars... menu option.
To assign to activate a hvar, you need to use a macro file. See P37 of the Advanced User guide on how to to this. Once the hvar is known to FSUIPC7 and made available in a macro file, you can assign to activate that hvar on a button or key press in the usual manner, by selecting the macro/hvar name from the controls drop-down.

John

I am also looking into making calculator code easier to use in the next version of FSUIPC7. I will publish exact details when this is released,  but the general idea is to allow you to define paramterised calculator code and give that a control name, which you can then assign to directly in the control menu drop-downs. I will use the same format as the MobiFlight events.txt file (except parameterized, i.e. allow a parameter in the calc. code that is replaced by the value you define when you assign to that control) so that the MobiFlight events.txt file can be used directly, i.e. without having to install the MF WASM module or any FSUIPC event files.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 12:49 PM, John Dowson said:

I am also looking into making calculator code easier to use in the next version of FSUIPC7. I will publish exact details when this is released

You can now assign to calculator code by using 'presets' in the latest version of FSUIPC7, v7.2.16.
The MobiFlight presets are also included.

John

• Like 1