The simFlight Network Forums

MakeRwys Jetways incorrect values in G5.CSV

Running Make Rwys V5.128,   P3DV5.2 HF2, Windows 11

I ran makerwys with the following switches    /Jetway /n>2500  

I was trying to find cases where an airport might have jetways assigned to PARKing  instead of just GATES.

The first instance I saw was at Airport  AYPY.    Makerwy runways.txt showed jetways at Gate 2, 3 and 4, However the G5.csv  showed Park,2 , Park 3 and Gate 4 ?

I opened the Stock airport in ADE  and it shows Jetways at GATE, 3, 4    None at the "Paking" spots.

I verified the parking Types ( fuel, vehicle, etc)      

KSNA   also exhibits same behavior.

I do not have any overrides for these airport.

One pattern I am seeing is that it appears that these airports have a GATE_X, spot N   and a PARKING_X spot N ( eg  KSNA  GATE_G; 13-with jetway,    Parking spot 13 - no jetways.) It is appearing that Makerwys is getting confused with duplicate spot numbers and identifiers.   In the case of KSNA   there is no Gate P  but there is a Parking spot 13   It is almost like it is seeing the  P and 13  and instead of associating with Gate is putting the jetway on that spot.   KSAN  has only  GATE_G  and 1-18  spots   there are actually  2 Parking 13 spots (??) in the afcad.

Couldn't include full runways.txt and G5.csv due to size.   

MakeRwys-JetwayError.zip

1 hour ago, bcarson said:

It is appearing that Makerwys is getting confused with duplicate spot numbers and identifiers. 

No, they are separate entities in the encoding. And internally names and numbers are linked by a serial reference, not directly related to either. I don't see how anything can be mixed up or confused, but perhaps you can see for yourself. The BGL format is here:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php/BGL_File_Format

I'll certainly check for you though.  Are the airports you mention (AYPY and KSNA) default ones  -- is that what you mean by "no overrides"?

2 hours ago, bcarson said:

Couldn't include full runways.txt and G5.csv due to size. 

Even ZIPPed? Anyway, it doesn't matter if they are defaults.

I might not be able to look at this for a day or two.

Pete

Pete

These are stock airports,

Sorry for nomenclature misuse.BY overrides. I meant no addon airports or duplicate afcads

Looking closer at ksna afcad, there are gate_p spots defined, but no jetways associated with them,The only jetways  are on the Gate_G  spots.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I had a quick look this morning.

You are correct, and your diagnosis was spot on!

I checked the Jetway data definition in that FSDeveloper wiki document with the definition I was using, and mine was missing the "gate name" field. Evidently that was discovered after I used similar documentation to add the /Jetways facility to MakeRwys. So, it wasn't checking the gate names!

I attach version 5.129 of MakeRwys.exe which appears to be correct. If you confirm I'll make it the current release.

Thank you for your excellent report. Odd that the folks who asked me to add the Jetway facility, so long ago, didn't find the problem.

Pete

[EDITED: attached file removed. See later in thread]

Pete:

Getting closer.

The AYPY looks good, however  the KSNA  has No jetways in the G5.csv, but has them correctly listed in the runways.csv

I spot checked a couple others,  and similar situation. No jetways in G5.csv,  but the runways.csv has them (kcle )

For KSNA  there are 3 different gate_P 13  defined ( none have jetways though)  but none of the Gate_G jetways are showing in the G5.csv

Must be some other obscure combination of object ids.  I haven't converted the bgls to xml  to look into the details. But might do that tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to dive into this.

15 hours ago, bcarson said:

Must be some other obscure combination of object ids. 

Yes. The Gate identification is more complex that I'd remembered. The clue was that the KSNA gates with Jetways were not actually "1" etc, but "G1" etc. In other words the names weren't matching because another component is involved.

I think it's all fixed now. Please try this version (same version number, so please destroy the previous one).

Pete

MakeRwys.exe

Pete:

I verified several of the airports that were in question as well as spot checking several others, and all appear to be accurate. I revalidated KSNA and there was one gate that didn't show the jetway in G5.csv, but looking closer, the Stock AFCAD is indeed missing one jetway at G11.

I think this is good to go. 

Thanks for taking the time and a quick turnaround. Appreciated.

Bruce