The simFlight Network Forums

Button assignment

ose159

Hi, i have to activate the speech control in IVAO and i specified in the IVAO setting, the Back Space.

I press it with the keyboard and it is fine,

Afterwords i assign to a joystick button the Back Space with the "select for key press" function with the option "Key press to repeat while held" but it does not work (even with the other option "Key press not to be held".

Note that i deleted all the BAck Space in the MSFSsetting not to generate conflicts.

Any idea ? In P3D it works fine

Thanks in advance

Claudio Damiani

3 hours ago, ose159 said:

Note that i deleted all the BAck Space in the MSFSsetting not to generate conflicts.

This will be the issue. You are assigning your button to the back space key, so this is sent to the FS when you press the button. If you have removed the Back Space assignment in MSFS, then this is not going to have any affect when  MSFS sees the key press.

3 hours ago, ose159 said:

I press it with the keyboard and it is fine,

I presume this was still when you had this assigned in MSFS, no?

You can do one of two things:
  1. Add back the Back Space key assignment in MSFS, or
  2. Assign your button to the control/event that the back space was assigned to in MSFS. This will then send the control directly, and no need for the key press assignment in MSFS (i.e. better).

I would recommend keeping the default MSFS key assignments - you only need to remove these if/when assigning keys in FSUIPC.

Any further issues, please show me your FSUIPC7.ini file, and an FSUIPC7.log file generated with logging activated for Buttons and Keys as well as Events.

John

Answer to your comment :

The event to be generated pressing the back space does not belong to the MSFS but is the voice activation in IVAO ( to speek with a controller).

The input from the keyboard is still working even if i deleted from the key assignment in MSFS.

If i insert it again i have no function to assign becouse in MSFS there is no possibility to assign to a button a key press but just a function.

Please note that this methode is working with a P3D and even there the simulatior does not have the possibility to have button >> key press

Thanks again

Good question, the same i ask myself.

The IVAO program to connect to the network is ALTITUDE and if i press Back Space from the keyboard it works but not from the key assinment.

I do not know why P3D is passing it to ALTITUDE and not MSFS, the steps i do are exactly the same in both.

Thanks

12 hours ago, ose159 said:

I do not know why P3D is passing it to ALTITUDE and not MSFS, the steps i do are exactly the same in both

If ALTITIDE was previously and embedded dll and is now a standalone program, that will explain why it is no longer receiving keypresses directly. However, if this is the case and keyboard input is received by ALTITUDE from MSFS, then it should get this via a SimConnect interface.

I think the P3D IVAO client did use FSUIPC offsets, but not the new client for MSFS - at least according to this post: 

I think you need to talk to IVAO (or ALTITUDE)  support about this issue. Please update this thread again if you fund out anything.

John