The simFlight Network Forums

How can I control panel/pedestal/glareshield lighting brightness in default cessna 172 in MSFS 2020

Bill Stewart

*** Moved to FSUIPC7 support sub-forum ***

Hi,

I'm a registered user of FSUIPC 7 as well as the Goflight software tool from Pollypot.  I'm struggling to see how I can map one of my Go Flight rotary knobs to be able to adjust brightness of the interior cockpit lights like you can do with the mouse wheel.  Can anyone be able to provide some assistance?

Kind Regards

Bill

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

If you can't find any standard controls for a function that you would like to control. try searching for a MobiFlight preset for the function at https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/.
If I look there, I can see the following MF presets:
    C_172_PEDESTRAL_LIGHT_INC
    C_172_PEDESTRAL_LIGHT_DEC
    C_172_PANAL_LIGHT_INC
    C_172_PANAL_LIGHT_DEC

I can't see anything for the glareshield - maybe it comes under a different name? Check the MF preset list to see if available.

In the latest version of FSUIPC7, v7.2.16, the MF presets are included and you can assign to them directly (no need for the MF WASM module to be installed). You need the FSUIPC WASM module installed and enabled to use the MF presets directly.

John