The simFlight Network Forums

L.vars and Joystick button

Bernhard60

Hello, I don't understand something and maybe someone can help me.

I have in the FSUIPC7.ini a

[L.vars]
11=L:A32NX_OVHD_APU_MASTER_SW_PB_IS_ON=Toggle

but I can't find it in the dropdown list for the joystick button [B:10].

Have I made a mistake in thinking, or what am I doing wrong?

Many thanks: Bernhard

1 hour ago, Bernhard60 said:

I have in the FSUIPC7.ini a

[L.vars]
11=L:A32NX_OVHD_APU_MASTER_SW_PB_IS_ON=Toggle

but I can't find it in the dropdown list for the joystick button [B:10].

Have I made a mistake in thinking, or what am I doing wrong?

That won't work and I don't understand why you would even do that. There is no such section as [L:vars]. Please read the documentation and not invent your own syntax.
To assign to an lvar, you need to create a macro file (*.mcro), or add it to an offset and assign your button to one of the offset controls.

John

Hallo John, thanks for the quick answer, now I got it:

#1 I created a [A32NX.mcro] file with the content:

[Macros]
1=L:A32NX_OVHD_APU_MASTER_SW_PB_IS_ON=Toggle

#2 copied this file into the FSUIPC7 Root folder

#3 Now it was in the „Control sent when …“ dropdown, and ist works with the FBW A32NX, Yeah.

Kind regards: Bernhard

👍

If you have not yet updated to 7.2.16, please do as this includes direct access to the Mobiflight presets (i.e. you can assign to them directly). These are probably easier to use than using lvars/hvars in macros, and you can use the MobiFlight HubHob site to search for existing presets by aircraft and subsystem (as well as key words). You can also create your own presets using lvars, hvars, etc.

John

Hello John, thanks, works fine.

I installed WASM too, but I get this message running WebSocketsServer V0.3.4 > MSFS Variables > Log LVars:

[ERROR]: **** Different WASM version: The WASM version is 0.5.7 while the WAPI version is 0.5.6. This may cause issues.

Bernhard

1 hour ago, Bernhard60 said:

I installed WASM too, but I get this message running WebSocketsServer V0.3.4 > MSFS Variables > Log LVars:

[ERROR]: **** Different WASM version: The WASM version is 0.5.7 while the WAPI version is 0.5.6. This may cause issues.

That is just a warning, you should be ok. I think that is because the FSUIPC_WAPID.dll (in your FSUIPC7 Utils folder) is not up-to-date. I will update this in the next release, but for now try replacing that with the attached version.

John

FSUIPC_WAPID.dll