The simFlight Network Forums

FSuipcclient in C# - changing Payload

Hello,

i am playing with the Example from you called "FSUIPCExampleCode_CS_V1.2.0".

In P3D it works fine for changing the Payload, but it dosent work in FS2020 and also not in X-Plane.

Have you any advice for me how to change the Payload in FS2020 and X-Plane ?

Thanks
MAtthias

payload.JPG

Hi Matthias,

For MS2020: I'm not sure that FSUIPC7 supports writing to these offsets at the moment. In the FSUIPC7 offsets status spreadsheet (offsetStatus-v0.27.ods) the payload offsets (starting at 0x1400) are marked as okay for reading but unknown/untested for writing. If you are testing with a third-party aircraft try one of the built-in aircraft. If you still have no luck you can ask John about this in the MSFS/FSUIPC7 sub-forum.

For XPlane: XPUIPC is only a partial emulation of FSUIPC. Some offsets are not supported. It sounds like the payload offsets haven't been implemented. You'll need to check with the developers if they are still supporting XPUIPC.

An alternative to XPUIPC is to use the 'XPlaneConnector' library (also on NuGet). It works differently to FSUIPC but does allow access to all the XPlane data. It works well but it's not well supported. If you need to read/write strings you'll need to download the source and compile it yourself as the NuGet package is out-of-date and doesn't support strings at the moment.

https://github.com/MaxFerretti/XPlaneConnector

Paul